***** Christmas Baby Challenge - 2015 *****

I want a kit like this!

1 Like

IS THAT JINGLE BELLS I HEAR???

Just wanted to comment here to bring this back near the top to invite any of you ladies who are not on here regularly to join us in the Christmas Baby Challenge…the rules are listed above so come join the FUN!!!

9 Likes

Do you have to sign up or just summit pictures to be entered?

2 Likes

You just submit pictures…No sign up necessary…Just need a face shot and a full body shot sent to my email address above when you’re done…I will post all the pics on Nov 27th and voting will be the 28th through the 30th with the winners announced hopefully by11p Nov 30th… It is going to be a blast…I think we are going to have some really amazing choices…So excited to see them all…Hope everyone joins in the fun…It’s sort of like a big Christmas party for us all…lol :smile:

2 Likes

Can complete newbies play?? :I) Asking for a friend. lol lol

1 Like

Of course!

1 Like

Absolutely…no matter what the experience level is…This is for fun for everyone …as long as they are a forum member they can enter!..I know sales have been a bit slow lately for lots of ladies so this gives everyone an opportunity to get a kit done and make a few Christmas dollars, give as a Christmas gift to that special someone or keep as a decoration for their own home.The challenge is pretty open ended…the only limitation is your imagination…Looking forward to seeing all the babies…

5 Likes

Can photos be edited in photoshop? Any rules about that? Toying with ideas! I’m definitely gonna do this challenge because I was planning on making dolls for the girls anyway! Yay! :heartpulse::heartpulse: Now I’m even more excited for Christmas!!! :snowman:️:santa::christmas_tree::tada::gift: I just hafta be a good girl and not post pics every day. Lol

1 Like

OK…excellent question…To answer this…you CAN use photoshop to add decorations to the picture such as frames,falling snowflakes and things like that etc…HOWEVER…You SHOULD NOT use it to make actual changes to the doll itself…meaning that you should not enhance the doll or add things to the doll that are not actually there. etc…

example: Your doll is dressed in a plain blue romper but once you are done with photoshop it is wearing a red velvet romper with a rudolph the reindeer motif and jingle bell buttons, pointy elf shoes and a santa hat…or your baby is natural skin tone and you decide to change the skin colour to a ‘Jackfrost Blue’ with sparkles using photoshop…that is a NO NO!

Normally I would say do whatever you like but this Challenge is to see what ladies come up with for their actual doll kits so photo shopping in things that you haven’t actually done to the doll probably wouldn’t really be fair…

I think it would be a really neat idea if you made a Christmas card of their doll and photoshop it however you liked to put in with the Christmas babies for them when they open their present though…Bet they would think that was pretty fun!

So glad you are joining the party!!!..

3 Likes

Thank you! And that is an amazing idea!! I think I will have to do that!!! Love it!

1 Like

I need to learn photo shop!

3 Likes

Me too…I did my own website but I don’t think that is the same…Don’t you have to buy some program to download onto your computer to be able to use photoshop? I know that photobucket.com has some features where you can make fancy frames and make your photos mono or black and white, etc - is that the same as photo shop? I use my regular microsoft paint to go in and black out some of the background on my photos from time to time if I have something in the background I didn’t mean to photograph but that’s about the extent of my knowledge …I have played with microsoft paint a bit making pictures etc but can’t see how anyone could use it professionally to do anything too exciting…lol might just be me but anyway…would love to have photoshop and learn how to use that…

2 Likes

It is amazing!!! I’ve been using it now for about 10 years for my photography and just making fun stuff! I love it!

Is there a special program to order?

1 Like

If you go to the adobe website, you can purchase photoshop from them. You can also buy a cd to pop into your computer. Either way, then you download the program to your computer. It is amazing!!! My husband and I are both photographers. He uses PS for little stuff. I use it to remove blemishes, adjust highlights/shadows, add warmth, add crazy fun stuff! I make all kinds of stuff. I’ve made birth & wedding announcements, invitations, cool art… It’s WAY better than free sites for editing. There is seriously a whole new world of editing when get it. Jeez I sound like I should sell Photoshop haha!

1 Like

I wish you could teach me!!! I am computer disabled!!!

2 Likes

I would recommend photoshop elements. The latest version via their website. Not Lightroom. That’s more aimed at just photographers. You have to learn how to navigate, and it’s frustrating at first, but after you get it!!! Omg!!! I’m telling you, I love it! It’s totally am extension of my arts for me.

I would love to!

1 Like

This is an AFTER photo I took and edited of my surro-son’s new baby brother. Originally, it was obviously in color, but the magical ps part is that his mom’s face was in this photo originally. I was able to erase her from it except her hands. I’ll go find the original and show you guys.

4 Likes

Wow!!!:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️awesome!

1 Like