Advice Please! Pics of my first reborn

Just pm me your address and I’ll send it next time I go to the post office :slight_smile: guess I’m gonna start on a leg for practice too :blush: I was introduced to Amy’s hairy leg last week :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

What is sweet spot blush?

1 Like

Kim explains in one of her videos, she does an overall blush wash, then hits spots like the top of hands and feet and then she does the “sweet spots” like elbows, knees and cheeks

1 Like

Lololol ok! Sweet spots! Haha

3 Likes

Like the top part of the knee, the chin, elbows, top of foot, etc. that is a little more red than the rest. I did my blushing in several different layers. Just that little extra touch :blush:

Ok, the hairy leg has been summoned (similar to Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice) :laughing::

6 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Oh my goodness :grimacing: speechless :smile::smile::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Whoops didn’t mean an angry face :blush: As I’m sure you can tell I don’t know my emojis really well :blush:

2 Likes

Amy what did you do to that poor knee?

2 Likes

That was when I used the end of a pin to make baby pimples…I learned that technique is not for me. :open_mouth::laughing:

3 Likes

Too funny :smile:

1 Like

How do your baby pimples/ milk bumps?

2 Likes

Sorry @Nikkiroc I realized @Jessejuice already answered your question after my reply. I’m new to this whole forum thing so, I’m sure I’ll make many more opps’s :blush:

2 Likes

I use thick medium and flesh 08. Apply with a toothpick or needle. If I want them a little less noticeable I’ll mix a tad bit of ultramarine blue

1 Like

I don’t do them too often now, but found I do better using a paint brush with just a few hairs and lightly touch the vinyl.

That was my lip color test. :kiss:

2 Likes

I used that leg to go through the entire painting and baking process. I even varnished it. I was much more calm when I painted my first full kit since I knew what to expect.

2 Likes

Do you know how to make them using air dry paints? I wonder what type of medium I would use to create a thick consistency?..

1 Like

I’ve seen a medium gel that comes in a tube by Liquitex for acrylic… wonder if that would work?

1 Like