Advice Please! Pics of my first reborn

I’ll try to post them later today :slight_smile:. Last night my husband asked who I was talking to and I told him Jessejuice. He replied you sure you’re not talking to Juicy Jesse :smile: I got a laugh & thought I’d share :smile::smile: I know I’m a goof sometimes :yum:

2 Likes

:laughing: does your husband like your dolls?

1 Like

Well, he tolerates them I guess. Lol. He gets creeped out when they don’t have eyes yet. Lol. We have 3 daughters so, he’s kinda used to it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

6 Likes

I posted some pics of Sam after I added a few more mottle layers. I took pics in 4 different lighting

2 Likes

He’s looking great so far!

2 Likes

Thank y’all :blush:! I’m open to any and all suggestions :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would do a blushing wash so that the white against the red doesn’t look so pale (unless you’re going for a fair skinned baby) and maybe a burnt umber wash. A little more color on the lips and lids? What all have you done so far?

2 Likes

I’ve done mottling of course :wink:, a couple flesh layers (still more to do ), a little shading, a couple light crease layers (still more to do), blushing, sweet spot blushing, yellow ochre wash, I think that’s it so far…

1 Like

Once I finish his creases, build flesh, and nails I’m thinking he should be about finished besides hair. Would you think so?

I don’t do many flesh layers. I use more washes than anything. Are you going to seal with varnish?

2 Likes

I’m thinking yes but, to be honest I don’t know much about varnish yet. Is it just to seal the paint?

2 Likes

Yeah it’s used to protect the paint, some people don’t use it but I’ve heard if the baby is handled regularly it can get really shiny without it. I know certain things will stain the vinyl too. One of my dolls had his foot against the wall and it completely stripped the paint off

1 Like

Awww poor baby :disappointed: Did you use varnish on that baby? Thanks so much for the tip on washes! I applied several washes to my practice belly plate before I started Sam and it turned out good. I loved watching the dramatic change after applying a wash :blush: I’ve been following Kim from Custom Doll Baby while I’ve been painting Sam and I don’t think she does washes…

2 Likes

I didn’t have it varnished yet. I think she does neutralizing washes and a blush wash near the end. She also adds a blushing color to her varnish

1 Like

Hey girlie! I was able to get most of my creasing done and he’s looking good :blush: I’m going to definitely finish creases tonight and hopefully get a lot more done :grin: I’m starting to get excited :blush: I need to start getting his body together oh and did I mention learn to root…:baby: Lol. I have watched tons of tutorials though and I have 3 different rooting tools, alpaca locks, and I have mohair too in case I have trouble with the alpaca fiber. It’s gorgeous fiber & I have several colors so, I hope I have luck with the Alpaca fiber!! Anywho, just wanted to let you know how I’m coming along :blush: 3 kids & hubby keep me busy :wink:

2 Likes

Let me know how the alpaca is! I’ve been debating whether or not to get some. Heard some good things about it but also heard it can be hard to work with. My favorite rooting method is the root a loop! I love rooting. It’s relaxing :two_hearts:

1 Like

Same here. I’ve heard the same about Alpaca. I’ll let you know. Maybe if I start with it I won’t know a difference :wink: I hope I find it relaxing as well!

1 Like

I have a bunch of Alpaca fiber! I can send you a little to try out if you’d like

2 Likes

That would be amazing thank you! I’ll have to root it on my test leg :joy:

2 Likes