Advice Please! Pics of my first reborn

Okay, here are some pics of little Sam. He seems to be coming along… I’m waiting for my burnt umber paint to get here so I can darken him a bit. I would truly appreciate advice!!! I’m thinking more mottling and darker creases??? Thank ya’ll so so much!!! God bless :blush:

15 Likes

I love the soft tones and how you painted the cheek blushing. Very nice!

1 Like

You’re doing great. Take your baby into different lighting (that helps me a ton) I would say more mottling colors

1 Like

Good job. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looking really good so far! :wink: :heart:

1 Like

Thank y’all :blush: I’m thinking burnt umber, purple, blue, green… mottling? I’m scared though! Lol. I don’t want it to be overkill! Would it hurt?..

2 Likes

Looks good, can not wait to see him finished :blush:

1 Like

I’ll get some in my room & outside too. It helps me too :blush: I notice things I missed with my naked eye :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looking good so far. Are you following a tutorial? That will really help keep you going in the right direction.

1 Like

Nice job, doing real good as your first, can’t wait to see the finished baby.

1 Like

Thanks Amy! I’ve been following Kim from Custom Doll Baby and it’s time for last minute details but, I’m just not quite satisfied. She’s using GHSP and I’m using Air Dry so it’s a little different… I think he needs more color :wink:

2 Likes

Oh, yeah, air dry will be a bit different. If you search this forum, I think air dry tutorials have been mentioned. In the beginning, it’s really necessary to try a few different tutorials so you can experience different styles. It really will help you learn the process well.

1 Like

Thanks so much Amy! I’m guessing just search air- dry tutorial reborn

1 Like

Try this search for air dry tutorial:

http://discourse.bountifulbaby.com/search?q=air%20dry%20tutorial

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is it possible to have too many layers? I’m just thinking, after I mottle some more I’ll definitely want to add more flesh to give that under the skin look and then I may need to reblush a bit. The pics above are hmmm… probably 20 layers at least. I was careful to use very diluted colors as to not accidentally get to dark so it may be more than 20, I didn’t keep a tally. Just if it looked like it needed more of this or that I added it :wink:

2 Likes

:dizzy_face::yum: that hairy leg :dizzy_face::yum: Oh my! :smile: Lol. I haven’t attempted to practice rooting yet but, I do have a few practice legs. Would you say it’s similar to the curvature of the head?

1 Like

No. It’s better to do a lot of light layers that to go too dark and end up with an “issue”.

Whoops! Well, now you’ve been introduced. :wink:

Legs aren’t exactly the same curvature of the head, but it was all I had at the time and it definitely helped me get the hang of it.

2 Likes

Hi Jesse! Just wanted to let you know I took more pics :slight_smile: I’ll try to post them tomorrow. Good night :sleeping:

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see!

1 Like