Zodi - WIP

Zodi - Forest Fairy
I’ve been working with shimmering powders for glitter effects. I was nervous that the varnish might minimize the effects so I used satin varnish. Everything turned out okay. I plan to add more designs after rooting hair. I’m going to attempt to apply acrylic paint for final looks.

25 Likes

I absolutely love how this is turning out!

1 Like

Thank you. I’m having fun with her! :hugs:

1 Like

Shes beautiful!

1 Like

Beautiful! I have used shimmering face powders and the Americana deco varnish turned out ok. I was experimenting with different powders.

1 Like

Ooooh cool! How fun! Cat wait to see her finished! Going to root fun colored hair?

1 Like

Thank you ma’am :revolving_hearts:

Thank you. I hope she turns out nice!! :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

Thanks! I have valentine pink hair :revolving_hearts: pinkish-purple look.

Curious to see what kind of clothes it ends up in.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Me too :joy::joy::rofl::heart_eyes: Im still waiting on the supplies to arrive. That too is a work in progress.

She is turning out to be a beautiful fairy girl, she is beautifully painted and the coloring is fantastic!

I saw your post pop up just then and I was so surprised with her facial markings - I am making a custom Zodi for a friend of mine and she has requested that her fairy has facial markings coming out of the corners of her eyes that actually look very similar to how you have done yours; she has requested for them to be in the Macpherson’s Bronze shimmer shade and I am actually really glad that I have seen these photos because I was unsure of how the facial markings would look on the real thing, I marked them out in a digital art app on a photo of the doll head and as much as it gives me an idea, its not as good as seeing it on the doll’s head if you know what I mean :sweat_smile:

This is the style that my friend would like but you can probably see that a digitally drawn version is only really to give you an idea of how it may look, its so much better on the real thing lol

This will be my first fantasy baby and I am really looking forward to painting her! You have done a gorgeous job with little Zodi - will you give yours wings by any chance? Mine will have green fairy wings :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Thank you so much! :revolving_hearts: This is also my first fantasy baby. :hugs: It’s been a challenge trying to find fantasy resources but I guess that how you put your creativity to the test :joy:. I found a few wings on Etsy and decided on this company for my final purchase https://etsy.me/1bYSQSd. If I don’t like them, then I will purchase from https://etsy.me/1qrIYMx.

1 Like

I am also getting the wings for my friends Zodi from JustAsStrangeAsIAm on Etsy! That’s great! We are getting this pair:

Frankly, I don’t know how I am going to attach the wings to the doll but I think I will stitch a pocket for a magnet to go inside of the cloth body and then I will attach a magnet to the wings so that she can attach the wings and remove them when she wants to dress the baby :wink: It will involve a bit of playing around but I am really looking forward to seeing the finished baby as she is looking gorgeous so far!!

3 Likes

That’s a good idea!

Yeah, she took a long time replying to my message…so I ordered from Indigo Moon. I didn’t see anything that allowed me to attach the wings to the body. These are the wings I wanted to get from Just as Strange…

3 Likes

Love the colors in those wings, so pretty!:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you :blush:

Hello again Keneen!

I think I have worked out how I will get the wings to attach to the doll’s cloth body - so, I think I will sew a pocket inside of the doll’s cloth body on the back side for a strong magnet to go inside of and then I will attach a magnet to the wings here where the red dot is - I think I will somehow glue a magnet to the wings but I will need to experiment :sweat_smile: :

I want to attach the wings using a magnet because my friend will want to undress the baby and if I stitch them onto the doll somehow, she may not be able to change the baby’s clothes so this will be an experimental process for me lol

3 Likes

That’s a good idea. I haven’t received my wings just yet, but I will let you know what I plan to do when I receive them.

8 Likes