Why is it so hard to get honest opinions?

— Begin quote from “djjessie228”

I don’t post sometimes because of the way our internet works. I can usually stay logged in but half the time when I try to post, the internet logs me out of the forum and I have to log back in. Problems with the Verizon wireless internet out here in the country - it goes to local only part of the time and if I add a post then, I get logged out of whatever site I’m trying to access. It can also take forever to get a new page up because I have to wait for it to go back to worldwide to switch pages.

As for critiques, if I don’t get an honest opinion, I can’t improve. On the other hand, I’m not guaranteeing I can fix the problem! Photos have been a pain to get the lighting right without using a flash and I haven’t had the patience to build a light box… I may just borrow my daughter’s camera that has a better macro on it next time too.

As for selling the ugly ones, I think people will buy some of the beginning dolls (since I’ve sold some!) but the artist (snicker, snicker) has to be honest and forthcoming and say that they are just starting and the baby isn’t perfect and the artist has to be willing to sell for what it cost to make the doll. Another reason for me deciding to go with the worse photos was that at least they could see the doll at its worst! Since I knew they weren’t that great, I didn’t feel like I was cheating them. And the next ones are better. So I will work harder on the photos.

— End quote

You have an excellent point about not expecting to sell “first” babies for much more than what they have in it!! I see “first” babies listed with a start of $200.00 and no one bids on them… Duh…

— Begin quote from “rjbour”

Being on eBay and selling for such a long time… I’m ask for opinions and help all the time…

What I’ve learned is about 75% of the people asking questions don’t want a true answer… Be it here on a forum or on eBay… Whether is about posing, taking photos… or questions about what’s the best way to sell on eBay.

Most seem to want to hear their baby, auction, photos, etc are wonderful.  Most don't really want to hear what 

they need to do to improve the auction, photos, doll, etc … Yet they ask …

I’ve made people mad when I tell them what I use and how I do my auctions… They write me back and tell me about how they do it and what they like to use. I didn’t contact them, they contacted me and ask my opinion … I don’t know why they ask if they are not going to listen to what is being said and learn something from it???

So when people write and ask me how and why, I do what I do… I tell them what works for me or what I’ve learned… Some times for me this involves many hours composing emails to answer questions. I don’t mind at all trying to help someone… However it’s very disappointing when I get an answer and realize it was all a waste of time for me.

I can say I’ve had my share of posts without anyone replying…

Some times I do look at posts without replying… Sometimes I don’t have anything to add, or don’t have the time.

— End quote

Did you happen to check out my ebay auctions?? They need a little help. They are o.k., but they are not great. Don’t know how to resize the pictures… can you help me with that?