What kit did you have the most fun reborning?

I’m trying to think of a kit that would be fun to reborn. I mean I like the ones I’m working on but have to switch back an forth. Guess I get bored with one an work on another. Was thinking about starting pixie by Bonnie Brown. Thought she maybe fun to reborn but then I have never did a full body baby so wanted to try that too. Just was curious if there was any kits that you really had fun bringing to life. If so I would love to know an maybe some pictures too :slight_smile:

I think that BB’s Jesse was the most fun I had reborning.

8 Likes

I think maybe the Taite and Teagan kits were quite fun. Preemie but fun!

8 Likes

Love her and the outfit is adorable too.

2 Likes

They are adorable, and I’ve always loved little Taite. You did a nice job with him.

1 Like

I always wanted to do them. There are wicked cute

Wow so cute. What a precious baby! Just looking for one to have fun with. Sometimes I think when people want custom orders takes the fun out of it for me. Well I like the money but I decided no more customs for awhile I wanna have fun with reborning again. Instead of it feeling like a job lol

2 Likes

Yes I think custom orders would take the enjoyment out of it for me too. I prefer to take my time and let the sculpt talk to me. And thank you.

Me too. I. Bought quinton I think thats the other crying baby on here. I got it confused with tatie. I think he maybe fun to reborn also. I love seeing pictures of everyone’s work. What a great job everyone does. Someday I will be that good lol just wish I could do it more often!

1 Like

Oh thank you. I made them for a co worker to send to her grand daughters across the other side of the country. She tells me they are well looked after and adored by the girls. Nice to know!

3 Likes

Oh thank you. I made them for a co worker to send to her grand daughters across the other side of the country. She tells me they are well looked after and adored by the girls. Nice to know!

The one I had the most fun with was actually BB’s Sugar. I learned an incredible amount while I was making her and she is still my treasure and not for sale.

13 Likes

She is precious, Helen. :hibiscus:

Since I did her I have learned to do the veins with powders. It’s so much easier and they come out right every time. Thanks for your likes and comments. She’s my little sweetie.

2 Likes

Oh, so beautiful! I’m glad you’re keeping her.

Absolutely true…it becomes a job and real work cause they mostly have a ‘vision in their mind’ they expect you to copy so you are stunted on your creativity which totally takes all the fun out of it…

I LOVE your sugar…she is just the cutest!

You other ladies…your babies are lovely too

1 Like

@GrannyGwen Did you follow the threads on using pigment powders that we were all obsessed with a while back? To do veins, you just use a small, rather stiff brush, and paint them on just like with paint, brush off the loose powder and see if the color is how you want it. They come out very good. I do them later in the process than i do with Genesis because I do all my undertone layers with Genesis and all my shading and blushing with powders so the veins, for me anyway, tend to get done just before the blushing and shading layers. Of course, at the end, everything has to be sealed with Matte or Satin varnish or the powder would eventually come off. I love the soft effect of the powder pigments

1 Like

Thanks Starr. What are you working on right now?. I don’t think I’ve seen any of yours for a while.

Hi Helen…just working through some custom orders at the moment…wahhhhh! here are 2 if have recently finished…( Adelaide & Juniper) and I have a Savannah, Charlize and Gabriel in process at the moment for another of my regulars. She sends me the kits and I reborn and root them for her and she puts them together so that is nice and easy and relaxed…She lets me do what I want with them so I am happy to do them for her…I do hate not seeing them all put together but it saves me time, cost and shipping so I am fine with it - at least it’s not like most custom orders where they send you photos and say “I want it to look just like this one”…lol

Once I am done with those I’ll just have 8 more custom orders to finish and I can come up for air…Got to get going on my little Celeste too…Got her out and hope to start her in a week or so…Looking forward to doing that one :relieved:

5 Likes

Is that Adelaide at the top with the little folded hands. She is just adorable. I want to hug her. Your work is amazing, Starr. You get such beautiful, living, skin tones.

Do you put any product in to keep your hair curly for your photoshoots?

1 Like