What kit did you have the most fun reborning?

Ahhh thanks for the compliment Helen…very kind of you…Yes that is Adelaide at the top…(Alicia Toner sculpt)…She is a really sweet innocent looking sculpt… :smile:

1 Like

I love the detail. Did you use powders on sugar? Just curious I finally bought some an they came yesterday. Gonna try them out for the first time today. I know you was one that was using the powders are you still?

Very pretty babies :slight_smile: you all do such a nice job on your babies!! I’m done with customs for a little while anyway. Im not that good yet an I haven’t had any complaints but just seems like im not having fun with it anymore. thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

Oh NO…don’t stop! You are at least going to keep reborning babies aren’t you? I admit, custom orders can be a total pain and it does make it more of a job than fun so maybe do just take a break from it…about 3 years ago I took on heaps of custom orders…and like you, I almost totally burnt myself out with them…I got to a point I did not even want to pick up a paint brush and seeing them half finished just made me want to go lay down an take a nap…I drudged my way through them and swore I would never do another reborn doll…BUT…here I am…took a break…bought a few from some other artist…kept finding myself going back looking at them on ebay and all the new kits coming out and it 'grabbed me again"…Now I just do what I like…and with custom orders (they are nice cause when the market is slow elsewhere you still have a little trickle of money for new kits…heehee) I tell the ladies that I need 12 weeks…if they can wait I do them, if not I send them on to others…that way I can do their babies at my leisure and still reborn what I like as well…
Just take a breather from the customs…and if you ever decide to do them again…do them on your own terms…it helps! :smile:

1 Like

love all thes babies my favorite so far was gemma i love the sculpt
i too want to do teagan taite and tayla i am ordering them in a few weeks

2 Likes

I had the most fun doing Honey. I kept her.

5 Likes

My fav of all time was Grace by Tina Kewy…I did her 5 times…and would do her 5 more times if I had the kits…heehee :smile:

9 Likes

I think everleigh or miracle eagles!

1 Like

So darn cute!!! All the babies I see on this post are amazing :slight_smile:

So precious :blush::blush:

Thank you :slight_smile: I think your right. I’m gonna just take a break from doing customs for a little while. I made a Asher awake for a women an she gave it to her daughter today an she emailed me the sweetest letter. She already had Asher asleep with painted hair an was to happy with my Asher because she said she loved the way I rooted his hair an everything about him. She is 14 I believe the mom said but that kinda made my day lol I’m my own worst critic I thought it wasn’t that great but I did explain I do have a lot to learn still. Now she wants Kase asleep lol I told her it maybe a few months before I can reborn him. She said she didn’t mind waiting so I’m thinking about joining you all doing Celeste. Just wanna have fun with it again. My personal life has been a little overwhelming also so gonna take a little while an try an have fun with it again :slight_smile: thanks for the advice an sharing pics I love seeing everyone’s babies.

1 Like

Oh I have yet to do any of Laura’s kits I do have Knox but miracle I would love to find at a good price. Evergleigh also such cute kits but very hard to find. Do you have any pics of them? I think I spelled that wrong lol

@Leslie76 Sorry, I didn’t see your question before. Yes, I used powders on Sugar. I fell in love with the technique. It is so much more like forms of art I have done before. I have never been a great painter, but boy can I draw and shade! So these more direct approaches, prisma and powders, work so great for me.

2 Likes

Here is Miracle. I need to find Evereleigh

6 Likes

Aaaand Everleigh

7 Likes

Oh My Goodness…She is GORGEOUS!!! your work is brilliant!!

What a lovely baby.

Thank you so very much. I really enjoyed Harlow Ross also. Nice color vinyl and very easy to paint!

They’re both beautiful, Marion!

I do love the way the powders look :slight_smile: your babies are very cute. They do give a great look to the skin tone. One thing I forgot was to order some makeup brushes. :frowning: