What are you using to seal your babies right now?

Hey ladies, I’ve been away for a little while and getting back in the swing of things and notice how there is a shortage of Matte and Satin Varnish. I have some left but not much and will be needing to seal some babies soon and wondering what might be some options because I have no idea what to use in place of those :roll_eyes: ? So what are you using in the mean time?

2 Likes

I haven’t decided yet :sob: I’m just trying to strength out my ghsp varnish for as long as possible. I think I only have enough left for one or two more babies though :sob:

2 Likes

I am also trying to stretch mine out but I am also looking for alternatives! I keep hearing of this American soft touch and corn starch recipe mix…:thinking:

2 Likes

I use DuraClear Ultra Matte Varnish with a little cornstarch and water for the 1st coat and Americana Soft Touch Varnish with a little cornstarch and water for the 2nd coat. They’re air dry but both can be used over Genesis.

4 Likes

I don’t know if you can get it in the US but AK interactive Matt varnish is amazing, you literally just brush it on straight from the bottle, no pouncing needed and dries completely Matt, it gives a very smooth silky finish to touch too

3 Likes

Amazon has it. Do you use the matte or the ultra matte?

1 Like

Ultra Matt, this one

1 Like

Can you use this over Genesis?

I have no idea as I don’t use genesis, but I imagine it’s like all air dry varnish, maybe test it first

3 Likes

@Miss_Kitty found some on amazon if this is what you are asking about.

2 Likes

Factory direct.com has soft touch and very reasonable price.

Sorry factorydirectcraft.com

1 Like

thanks for the info everyone. so the Deco Art Soft Touch Varnish can be applied and baked just like the Genesis Heat Set varnishes?

how for air dry between the two applications?

does a little go a long way because the bottle look so small. want to know if it will cover more than one baby

1 Like

Definitely more than one baby

1 Like

Yes you only need a little bit and it spreads really well, you will get a few dolls out of one bottle

1 Like

I usually wait a day or two.

2 Likes

I don’t think you are supposed to bake it… ?

1 Like

No need to bake the Soft Touch. It’s air dry.

2 Likes