Beginner here! Air dry paint issues

The DuraClear Ultra Matte works very well for sealing.

1 Like

The regular DuraClear is out of stock, too. The one I show in my previous post is a different kind that isn’t the “soft touch” variety but says it is also matte. I wonder how it would work on vinyl.

Michael’s and Jo Ann’s have the DuraClear Ultra Matte online.

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Question about the DuraClear Soft Touch Varnish: can it expire, go bad, stop working after a while? I just found a sealed bottle in a drawer that I bought about three years ago. Anyone think it will still work ok to seal a baby?

I’d open it and try it on a section of an unpainted piece. If it’s not okay, you can strip that section. I’ve had mine for a looong time and it’s still good.

1 Like

Thanks, Jean. Does Windsor and Newton take this stuff off?

It does.

1 Like

It’s OUT OF STOCK at Jerry’s and everywhere else!!

The DuraClear Ultra Matte is available at decoart.com. It’s also very good.

1 Like

I know! I must have gotten the last jar at Jerry’s and since then they show out of stock .

I know this was a long time ago. Is this something to use as a protective matte varnish since GHSP matte’s out? Just straight out of bottle? I have two little things of ghsp matte, glaze and satin. Can I use any of those in a mix? :thinking::sob::sob::sob:

I use this as my first coat of sealer. I use @anjsmiles recipe with cornstarch and water. I use Americana Soft Touch Varnish for the final seal but you can use just the DuraClear. I just like the feel of the Soft Touch.

1 Like

I have this on the way too. Thank you for your help :heartpulse::heartpulse:

1 Like

That’s been out of stock everywhere for months. Where did you find it?

1 Like

Really?? I just looked on Amazon last night and ordered it.

Deco Art Soft Touch Varnish, 8-Ounce, Clear https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HQME2R2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_00VNWCA3E3FCP1E5BYHZ

2 Likes

I guess it’s finally back in stock.

1 Like

Arrived today. Ordered off Amazon, but paperwork inside says Home Depot, so everybody check there!! :heartpulse::heartpulse:

3 Likes

https://www.homedepot.com/p/DecoArt-Americana-Decor-8-oz-Soft-Touch-Varnish-ADM03-45/204594335?MERCH=REC-_-rv_homepage_rr-_-NA-_-204594335-_-N

1 Like