Too dolly help

🙋<---- Drawn to dolly looking sculpts. I don’t have a reborn yet and many of my dolls have ridiculously exaggerated dolly features. Lots of the reborns I like are considered very doll like, Shyann, and Blaze, etc.

2 Likes

I know a perfect Blaze for you, actually the best Blaze that I’ve seen :wink:

And Amanda @quiltsabunch is a great artists

https://www.reborns.com/item/76299/10

2 Likes

Or soon I’ll finish my two dolly looking cuddle babies, so you can have your first cuddle baby reborn :wink:

She looks very sweet, I agree with what everyone has said, done be afraid to use red, as long as it’s very thin (I blow into a towel) it’ll show up just fine. Also when you put in eyes, I’d put them in glancing to the side or a bit cross eyed instead of looking straight, some kits are bound to look dolly but eyebrows and eye positioning can help a ton!

1 Like

Quiltsabunch is great, I’ve followed her on reborns!

3 Likes

Sorry, newb here. What does blow into a towel mean? Sounds like some kind of painting technique that I can’t visualize properly.

2 Likes

They are cute! Gotta keep my eye on the prize and keep looking for a reborn baby for my mom, I get distracted. Lol

1 Like

Sorry! Auto correct! I meant blot onto a towel!

:smile: Really wondered how you weren’t getting paint on your own lips!

1 Like

Ok I have mottled a bit of red on her cheeks, put fleshy tones on the inside of lips and added red around her eye lines, is she looking better?

2 Likes

She looks great :blush:

1 Like

She looks great! I pop eyes in and look at my babies at this point, it makes all the difference in seeing her even more lifelike. You did a beautiful job

1 Like

Thank you, what about her limbs, can’t see in photos so well but they are mottled all over with red areas! Do you think the red is too much ?

2 Likes

She is cute. You kind of want to connect the red on the knees with mottling and blue undertones, under her feet and around her ankles. Also, if you have burnt umber, I would do a few washes to warm her up. Keep going, she’s looking great! What color eyes are you using?

1 Like

I ordered brown eyes for her but they are not here yet so can’t try them out, I’m now thinking her skin tone is too pale for brown eyes so warming her up a bit like you said would be a good idea, so you suggest doing more mottling on her legs? Would you do red, blue & yellow mottling again?

Her legs already have a lot of mottling but images don’t show them up so well, would doing more help to tone down the knees?

I would add a little but blush to the forehead and darker inside of her nostrils. But she looks very nice with your additions now. Eyes and eyebrows will change everything.

1 Like

She needs creases :wink: and I agree with @Vanniek - better blanding on her knees.

I don’t think it’s want @Vanniek suggested. See how her knees looks like she just crall on them. Blend that read gradually further in to the skin tones.

2 Likes

How do I do that? I tried toning them down with a flesh colour pounced over and around them but it’s not changing them?