Toddler Reference pics (warning,Lots!)

And you would never ever have to get a job either cause you would be swamped with custom reborn doll orders…lol :smile:

2 Likes

Lol! I don’t do customs anymore. Maybe in the future. But the one and only custom I’ve done was very stressful and I didn’t enjoy painting her at all. And if it isn’t fun,Then why do it?

1 Like

That is very true…I like doing the ones I want to do too but I have to say that I do mostly all custom orders now…When I first started I would just make dolls and list them on my website and on Ebay but after about 2 years of doing that I started custom orders…I still listed on Ebay to keep my name out there to build my customer base for a few more years but I have not done any for Ebay in a long while now…I keep so busy with custom orders that I don’t have time…I will admit that it is much more fun doing the kits I want to do but most of my customers are so lovely and they usually just tell me the kits they want and that they trust me to make one they will like from it so I can still do what I like which makes custom orders not so bad…It use to be stressful but now, unless it is a bit of a ‘different’ order…I don’t worry much…I want to get time to do my little Presley Asleep soon though for myself…those are the most fun of all…lol

2 Likes

I guess,What happened with mine, Was my customer was incredibly difficult to work with. Basically,What happened was, She wanted an Asher Awake. Done as a bright blue eyed,Rosy cheeked baby girl. I let her choose the eyes and things she wanted from bb,And then I ordered them. So Issue #1: (not customers fault but still annoying) I received Asher Asleep instead of Asher Awake. So I emailed bb,And they let me but Asher Asleep for half price, Then they mailed out Awake and the certificate for Asleep (I already had one for awake). Next,When the correct Asher arrived, I put the eyes in to show her what she looked like before painting and she said "I don’t like these eyes,I would never pick them. I want newborn blue eyes (she picked the true blue) so then I ordered a new pair of eyes after she sent me the money for them. After that it wasn’t as bad. She wanted magnets for a paci,But the night before she got the doll (my mom and I met her in person to give the doll since she lives close) she changed her mind and wanted hair bows instead. So I moved the magnets (luckily they weren’t glued in yet). Then she made me position and preposition the eyes until she decided on how sheliked them. Which would’ve have been so bad if the eyes had’ve been easy to put in and adjust. It took about an hour to get both eyes actually in the head. And that’s before positioning them! And I didn’t really make much money on the sale at all
Anyway, All that to say, No more customs for a while :laughing:

3 Likes

Don’t blame you…that was a horrible experience for a first custom order…people can be so rude at times…I have found that the people who want to pay the least always seem to expect the most and give the most trouble…weird how that works but I have seen it over and over again in my life…Anyway, just do babies you want to do…it is more fun and you won’t get burnt out with reborning that way…I almost did about 3 years ago…almost gave it up cause I was so burnt out with doing custom toddler dolls for a baby wear photographer…She ordered about 14 of them and it took me 8 months to do them all…She wanted human hair and glass eyes and wanted them all weighted to a certain weight…It was good money but I got so tired of having to do them all the way she wanted them instead of how I wanted to do them that I almost quit reborning…so you are smart…just have fun!!!

2 Likes

Definitely. I was so excited to be done with the doll. Just because I didn’t want t deal with any more complaints. I haven’t heard from the lady since,So I assume she’s happy with her.
And,In the end, I was unhappy with the doll. She looked like a doll,And not a baby. I was told by a few people that she was my best yet and I couldn’t believe it because I was so unhappy with her :laughing:
The thing that made it the worst,Was that the lady basically blamed me for ordering the wrong eyes,When I ordered the ones that she told me to!

1 Like

I know what you mean…I had a lady that wanted some eyes that were so blue and dolly that I took her order and then orders some that were similar but not the ones she wanted cause I knew she would hate them when I got them and put them in the doll…lol She loved the doll when it was done and I never told her what I had done…heehee I know, I’m naughty but in some cases the customer is NOT always right…lol

3 Likes

This is what the doll looked like with the eyes she originally wanted:

And the ones she ended up with

2 Likes

She is precious…no wonder she loves her…she is a little cutie

Thank you. I really don’t like her, but her mom does so that’s all that matters

1 Like

The darker eyes are so much nicer!

1 Like

They definitely are. Mom picked the lighter eyes,So those are the ones I bought. As soon as I got them,I knew she would hate them

1 Like

Ok, now I feel like a reaal Nit-Wit!! BUT… He is still amazing just the same!! LOL!!!
DebbieG

Don’t feel that way…when I first looked at the tummy shot, I thought it was a doll too and was thinking…nice mottling job…WOW…then I saw the other photos and realized it was a real toddler and it was no wonder the mottling was so perfect…God did it!.. :smile:

3 Likes

Found a few pics of him when he was younger

2 Likes