? Question

Lol I thought I read SWEATY SOCKS. Gross. Lolol

1 Like

That wouldā€™ve been REALLY bad. :laughing:

1 Like

I wonder how many Wonder Wafers youā€™d need to kill the smell of that?

3 Likes

I understand your temptation. After all, socks are socks. I think sweat socks make people think of sweaty feet - the gym - and even if new, people wonder. Obviously, nylon stockings could be worn prior to stuffing but they show wear more easily. Also, nylon stockings like knee highs or tights are more stretchy and malleable than sweat socks, giving a softer, more flexible body. Iā€™m sure there are others who could help more hereā€¦

2 Likes

You guys are cracking me up. :+1::heart:ļø:grinning:

1 Like

I donā€™t know why someone isnā€™t making and selling weighting bags so this question can be avoided. They could have a little stamp that says certified all new materials or something. I imagine there is nothing wrong with using a clean sock, but I wouldnā€™t really want to find it in my reborn. I use nylons, but really, thatā€™s no better. Some people use surgical gloves. Do you fill the fingers? When you pull out the glove, does it look like a severed hand? Nothing really seems like a great choice other than making your own little pouches or something which I am too lazy to do. Come on enterprising ladies. Make a cool, affordable weighting pouch in various sizes for us to use in our dollies! You could sell them in packs of five or ten.

1 Like

@Sony72, I think they were clean (I surely didnā€™t smell them!) but like @bebe said, it just made me wonder if she pulled it out of her sock drawer.

I think the cotton fabric will degrade faster than the nylon & polyester material found in nylons and stockings. As far as the gloves, I know many use that but it would seem strange pulling one out of the body. Also, the gloves need to be latex-free and Iā€™m sure some artists use the wrong ones.

If someone were to make them, what would they be made of? If they were made of fabric, you would need to fill them and sew tham yourself, right? Unless you meant to sell the pouch already filled. It would be nice to have a balloon type of thing to fill and tie it at the top. Are all balloons made with latex these days? What about swimsuit material?

1 Like

I have made pouches to weight my dolls (some of them) and I used a flesh colored fabric that I used to use for doll bodies. I happened to havr some of ot left over so I used it. They make nice weight bags. You can make them any size to fit the baby you are making. After filling you just have to sew the top closed on your machine, I went over it a couple of times so the glass beads didnā€™t leak out. They are nice,

1 Like

I make mine out of the fabric that I used when I made Cabbage Patch babies in the early 80s. It is a tight polyester double knit fabric. Swim suit material would be awesome too!

2 Likes

I think people would have to fill them. Perhaps they could have some kind of tie closure or something easy to make. They could be made out of anything that was light weight, non-reactive, and tightly woven enough to prevent leakage.

2 Likes

Itā€™s the closure thatā€™s the problem. If you have the skill to sew the opening after you have stuffed it, you would probably whip the whole thing up. If you donā€™t have sewing skills or a machine, I canā€™t think of a great way to close them without leaking. A drawstring would probably leak. I love the idea and would be tempted to do it, just not sure I have a solution that would sell.

That is a BRILLIANT IDEA! I wish I learned how to sew!!!

Maybe if it was a silicone insert, like a breast implant bag? I think those would be expensive thošŸ˜³

They already sell those and call them ā€œbaby fatā€. You can buy for tush and belly.

Lorraine, I came to the same conclusion. I even put it to my engineer minded hubby, but none of the solutions were practical. When it came down to it, doubled nylons were still the best and cheapest solution.

2 Likes

Use a zipper! :smile:

3 Likes

OH Yeah! Brilliant!!!

Too much work!

The reason I like the zipper idea if someone was to make them to sell is you could adjust your filling if needed. Personally, Iā€™m way too lazy to make them and should buy shares in a knee high company.

2 Likes