Pink felting pen

i read that this pen works well with one forked rooting needle. I was thinking of trying it with German forked needles. Does anyone know if it is sold in craft stores, or just online?

1 Like

I have one but I didn’t like it, when back to wood one, I was breaking to many needles had to much give to it. I was thinking about one of these

These at DALD

1 Like

I like my pink felting pen and I break very little needles using it as compared to how many I broke using the wooden mushroom rooting tool. I bought my pen at dolls by sandy, and I can’t be of much more help to you cause I haven’t started to use forked needles yet. I plan to order some the next time I plan order more stuff to complete the kits that I currently have.

1 Like

I just got one that holds 3 uncut needles from Amazon for about $8. I haven’t yet had the right uncut needles to try it for rooting hair, although it worked well with a 40 regular needle for rooting eyelashes.

I just bought the baby fx needles and cant even grab a hair at all, if anyone is interested I will sell them…Ughh they are the needles placed in sculptey to keep the sweet spot where it belongs…does not work for me.I like the idea and I might make my own with regular needles…Maybe they didn’t put them in the right place…another disappointment…such is reborning, always looking for something new.

I don’t use anything anymore except maybe a rubber band wrapped around the needle once in awhile. Once you find the right spot against your thumb then you know where it goes every time. Tried the pen, and the mushroom tool, but for me I like the bare needle in my hand

2 Likes

I got mine at hobby lobby. Funny story, went to Joanns for it and no matter how much I tried to tell her what it was for she tried selling me a sewing machine? I told her the heads wouldn’t fit.,she just stared at me.lmao it was fun.

3 Likes

Same here, Anna. :slight_smile:

I have the mushrooms, I don’t like them. I was thinking of switching to the German forked, and Cher had posted on her about them working great with the pink pen. That like ckn mentioned it keeps the needle in the sweet spot. It can be used with uncut needles. I’ll let you know if I get one:-)

1 Like

Ok I’ll try hobby lobby! Thank you! I do want a sewing machine!!! Lol

1 Like

Yeah but the heads don’t fit. Don’t ask me how I know this lol

If you can’t find one ill send you mine. I can’t root any more,Arthur has my hands :worried:

2 Likes

Ohhhhh, granny your poor hands:-(

1 Like

:relaxed:

I use the pink felting pen all the time. I haven’t used it with forked needles, thouvgh. I got mine at Dolls By Sandie but Michael’s has them, too.

1 Like

I have one and it worked 1 short time then I never get get it to grab hair all I do is poke holes. I tried it with 43 forked nothing, the only time I ever could get it to work was with 42 crown and not very long. I did a bunch of research on how to place needle in it but never could get it to work again.

I think you get to know the feel of your needles you use, I am always looking for a shortcut because rooting sucks, I was going to put time consuming but I really feel it sucks…an old lady expressing herself!!!Hahahaah

2 Likes

Lololol I actually find it calming until I break a needle! Then i ■■■■■ about the needles for awhile… Of course it’s the needles! Not me!! Lolol

2 Likes

The Hobby Lobby one is now BLUE instead of pink. Just use ONE needle if you buy it. I am using the bare needle wrapped with a rubber band at this point in my reborning!

1 Like

That is what I’m currently doing, but I break ALOT! By a lot I mean around 20 needles on a little Leah head!!! :scream::scream::scream: