Pink felting pen

That makes for an expensive rooting job!

2 Likes

I know!!! Iā€™m putting myself out of business!!! Lololol seriously!

i have a custom made one my dogs chewed my mushroom tool lol works way better than before

2 Likes

Do you have a trick/tip for using them Kim?

Thank you! I canā€™t wait to try it!!

Forked doesnā€™t work for me. I canā€™t see the fork to keep it in the right position.

I read that with the pink penā€¦ It holds it in the right position! ???

Maybe, but you still have to figure out which way to turn the pen and I canā€™t see the fork. You may have better luck.

Am I supposed to have cut needles to use the pink pen? For some reason I thought they needed to be uncut! Okā€¦ If I need to cut needles, how can I do that?

How do I get the uncut needles in?

Oh!!! Let me try!!! Iā€™m always afraid to break things! :flushed:

I got it!!! Thanks Sonya!!!:smiley::heart:ļø:smiley:

Have you used your pink pen yet? I love mine and rooting is easier and faster for me.

1 Like

This post is just what I was looking for!! Iā€™ve been using the mushroom tool to root the 2 babies that Iā€™m working on. I like the feel of it but I find that Iā€™m not catching the hair on the barb a lot of times. Over the weekend I ordered the pink pen to see if that would work better for me. My order came in today and tonight I plan on giving it a try. I also ordered 42g uncut needles for it. Iā€™ve been using 40g cut needles on both babies but donā€™t like seeing the holes which really arenā€™t bad but they bug me. LOL!! Can I switch over to the 42g needles to finish the babies or do I need to continue with the 40g which is what Iā€™ve been using on them? I plan on heating the heads when the rooting is finished to close up the holes so will the difference in the needles really show? This rooting is taking me forever but I do find it relaxing as long as I can get only one hair into each hole.

1 Like

I just started putting my needle in a soft ear plug, the kind that get squishyā€¦Pretty comfy.

1 Like

Jackie, you can change over to the 42g needle to finish the head.

2 Likes

Due to a ton of trial and errorā€¦ The needle that works AMAZING in the pen is 46g crowned! So fast, tiny holesā€¦ Life is grand with a 46g and pink pen in my hand! :scream: lol cornball I am! :flushed:

3 Likes

I think so!!! :heart:ļø:heart:ļø:heart:ļø:heart:ļø

Thanks Amy! I changed to the 42g needle and tried the pink pen for the first time last night. Both of the changes I made worked fantastic! I finally finished the the top of Roseā€™s head from the forehead to the crown. For some reason the 40g needle that I had been using was picking up a lot of extra strands of mohair at a time but the 42g didnā€™t seen to do that! As for the pink penā€¦I really love it. Itā€™s so much easier then the mushroom! I still have to do Roseā€™s sides and back but now at least Iā€™m making some progress. I have two babies that Iā€™m in the process of rooting. The other kit is Lainey. With the pink pen you can use 1-2 or 3 needles. I only used one last night. Should I attempt to use more or just use one? Thanks again for all of your help!

2 Likes

Wow Nikki! Thats good to know. Guess the next time I need needles Iā€™ll order the 46g. The smaller the better!! Loved your ā€œpen in hand quoteā€ā€¦Youā€™re a poet and donā€™t know it!!! LOL!!! :wink:

1 Like