One Day Reborn Marathon Self Challenge

Oh mi gosh, Starr!! You are totally awesome. He is absolutely adorable. I love him :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Starr i think there needs to be a rooting contest just so people could see how fast you are .Like lightening
Rooting a head in an hour is really unbelievablly fast even with you doing as many dolls as you do a year.
How many would you say you do in a year?Youre a little one lady factory!!I dont mean that in a bad way either.Im just so terribly impressed.
Im suprised however you dont get burned out.Relaxing rather than doing dolls seems like something you really would need.My head would spin and id be ready for the funny farm so burnt out if i created as many as you do.Truly a labor of love.Thanks for showing us .Was fun to see.

5 Likes

WOW!! Heā€™s beautiful and my mouth totally dropped! I canā€™t believe you did him in one day!

4 Likes

Lol I love this picture with his hair standing on end! :joy:

3 Likes

Wowww, that is amazing!! That inspires me to keep practicing my rooting. You did great, he is so cute!

2 Likes

What kind of needle do you use?

3 Likes

I know Iā€™m not Starr, but I think she mentioned using forked in the past. I bought some of those and canā€™t grab hair with them. I went back to crown.

4 Likes

I find myself stretching my back and shaking out my shoulders just READING this postā€‹:smile: Thatā€™s quite a Herculean feat you pulled off and itā€™s fantastic that you thought to get pictures! Often, Iā€™m the one at the end of something special saying, ā€œI shoulda taken picturesā€! Great personal challenge! Thanks for sharing your sweet win and extra sweet trophyā€‹:trophy: Maybe you should name him, Wynn :heart:ļø

6 Likes

Yes, you are the STAR !! Thank you for taking all this pictures . Your Isaac is lovely

2 Likes

Go starr go!!!

3 Likes

Marathon woman!!! How on earth can you root that fast??? You are amazing.

6 Likes

Thank You Starr, this was really amazing to see!!! I canā€™t believe anyone can do this, itā€™s just incrediable!! Thank you for letting us be a part of the process, loved it-----Love him and I agree the name Wynn is awesome!!!

5 Likes

Starr, this was so much fun to watch! Too bad it wasnā€™t video! (Maybe next time???) Anyway, if I could make a doll that fast, I might consider doing customs. But gosh, Starr, donā€™t push yourself until you hate reborning. I thought you were trying to ā€œslow down and smell the coffee.ā€ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Wow. So fast and so beautiful too. :slight_smile: I love the progress pictures.

2 Likes

Wow, just went and sat down and watched a dvd with hubby and came back to all these lovely commentsā€¦So very very lovely of all of youā€¦

I am no master (though there are some real ones out there I would love to be likeā€¦lol ā€¦just an artist who loves the craft (though wouldnā€™t want to do them this quickly on a regular bases or would lose the love quite quickly I thinkā€¦lol)

I use to do 3 a week when the market was really firing because I mostly sold on Ebay and if one sold I would have another to go up behind it so that I never had more than a couple days break between dolls going upā€¦I did that for about 3 years and yes I did almost burn outā€¦I took 5 months off and even sold everything thinking I was done with it BUTā€¦as you knowā€¦it draws you backā€¦lolā€¦Relaxing is something I can only do in very short stintsā€¦I have been hyper most all my llifeā€¦my mind is non stopā€¦the body is slower these days but the mind still runs awayā€¦One day I may relax but hubby says that if I ever stop, I will either go nuts or shrivel up and dieā€¦and he is probably rightā€¦I have to be busy doing somethingā€¦canā€™t even stand sitting though a full 2 hour movieā€¦lol My granny was like that so come by it honestā€¦lol

Hi Misty,Yes Jacqueline is right, I do use 42g or 43g forkedā€¦I use 43ga for kid and 42ga for yearlingā€¦If I take a wee bit longer I do a bit better job with the crown but this was a ā€˜fun challengeā€™ for me so I did a super speed 1 hour rootā€¦lol

Hahahahahahaa!,you are so funny Nikkiā€¦you always make me smile!!!

I think itā€™s a mix of 4 things - Iā€™m hyper, very coordinated, ambidextrous and all that is driven by a hatred to have to root hair but I am not as fond of painted hairā€¦I think there is some beautiful work out there and impressive artist but I prefer rooted hair on the dolls I make so have never pursued painting itā€¦

I did do that this morningā€¦I was lovely but to be honest, I only have a bit of coffee with my sugar and creamoraā€¦just enough that I can say I drank coffeeā€¦(Starbucks has nothing on me when it comes to sweet creamy coffee.) probably why Iā€™m so hyperā€¦hahahahahaha!

Thank you to all you very lovely ladies for the wonderful sweet things you have saidā€¦I would love to thank everyone individually but you would be very tired of me before I got to the endā€¦lol Big hugs to everyoneā€¦Love all you ladies!!! :kissing_heart:

6 Likes

@westernstarr
Am I too old to go study abroad? Id like to volunteer to be the first reborn exchange student in Australia lol. You are amazing!

9 Likes

Oh my goodness! You are awesome. Isaac is very cute.
Very fast labor there. lol
I would stab myself with the needle so many times trying to go that fast. lol

3 Likes

Owwwwwwwww not way are you too oldā€¦ come on overā€¦that would be so cool! lol

When I first started I got my finger a few times and I think that is the worst pin prick pain I have EVER feltā€¦(I stabbed the back of the finger a few times between the middle knuckle and the top knuckleā€¦Oh my goodnessā€¦that hurtā€¦I still remember itā€¦

Thank you ladies for your lovely comments tooā€¦

2 Likes

Wow that was really fast Starr. No way I could do that and end up with such a beautiful result. Go girl!
Funny how you can remember the worst pain from an injuryā€¦I was fishing the reef some years ago, hooked a nice coral trout and while trying to remove the hook, it came out rather quick and slipped straight into my finger. My instinct was to pull it straight out which I didā€¦barb and all. :scream: Oh the pain was unbelievable, and Iā€™m no sook. Never forgot it !

3 Likes

Yikes! when I read that my knees got that jelly weak feeling in them just thinking about how that must have hurt!

I went surf fishing once and caught somethingā€¦I was so excited but when I got it up on the jetty, it was a HUGE crabā€¦as soon as I got the line up out of the water, it let go of the line and dropped onto the jetty and started running ā€¦so did I - in the opposite directionā€¦!!! hahahahaha!

3 Likes