Omg.. some artist.. I’ve seen it now

No it’s just a printed from home birth certificate. Like maybe she’s a knockoff… either way I’ll have fun redoing her.
I prefer to stay positive and just enjoy her

1 Like

Hmmm,could it be China knoff of then?

1 Like

Probably. But obviously this lady didn’t know about the bad sites

1 Like

I wonder why she didn’t show you pictures of the baby you were actually getting? I’ve stripped babies that had medium and varnish on them. It came right off with Winsor and Newton. I only had one that I re-did for someone that was a problem (the doll not the person). Very thick paint and I don’t know what they used to seal it but it took acetone and a lot of elbow grease to get it off.

1 Like

So the 2 pics inBasket are of the baby I got… she said she couldn’t do more cause her camera broke. I’m sure I can get her cleaned and fix her up… thank you

1 Like

Without a COA she is most likely a knock off. Does she has Joanna Kazmierczak signature on the back of her neck?
If it’s a knock off I would ask the lady to trade back. I refuse to own knock offs in support of our sculpturs

3 Likes

Does all the April kits have the signature on the neck?

Just sold my April this past week or I’d look and see. Mine was original with COA.

2 Likes

I didn’t take that good off a look at her… I have her soaking in the sink while I’m away… I will look when I scrub her cause the paint was really thick no way to read what it said.

1 Like

Had my April right next to my bed. This is her neck.

4 Likes

If you use Genesis. I would not heat thst kit. It could be incredibly toxic if its a knockoff.

3 Likes

Exactly my thought. Best make sure it’s authentic before heating it

4 Likes

Yikes! I hope she’s salvageable. I follow a doll page on Facebook (mainly to see the vintage dolls she finds in thrift shops) and this seriously reminds me of her reborning work. She doesn’t seem to have any qualms about painting knock offs and has probably been at it for at least a year now. Not to be unkind, but some people just aren’t cut out for reborning. I hope that you are able to help the lady that painted this kit grasp the process a bit better.

5 Likes

Oh dear

2 Likes

Good morning everyone. Yesterday was really stressful reading some of the comments was harsh reality.
I’m going to go buy the Windsor cleaner cause this paint is really bad. I totally agree that knock offs are horrible cause is disrespectful to all who make the kits and to those of us who are artist!
I know this is a knock off… cause the little bit of paint I got off showed me this is ONE OF THOSE KITS!
So I’ll strip her and paint her with the air dry paints, I know the risk of heat set! Like I’ve said she will be staying in my nursery so my granddaughters can play with her.
As for the lady who traded me… she told me she bought the kit and 2 others from ALIEXPRESS.com . She painted all 3 of them just last week only took her 2 weeks. I have referred her to the tutorials as well as given her a list of knockoffs and shown her where to order real kits. I’ve also told her how to mix the paints and asked her to please look into this reborning Art deeper.
I think it’s important for other people to see and read what has happened to me cause I’m not the only one and there are alot of new artist on here.
Thank you all

8 Likes

I’ve been thinking about you and hoping you wouldn’t allow the doll out of your house, at the very least. However, and I don’t know if I’m correct, because that doll is a knockoff, it may be made with substandard and possibly harmful materials.

I purchased a doll when I first got into reborning that was one from China (It didn’t say so in the description-it was being sold thru a company in the US), and I had to destroy it because I had no idea what it was made of and I didn’t want to get sick.

Consider this-if the people/company that produces these knockoff dolls don’t care that they’re breaking the law, what makes you think they care about whether the materials they are made with are safe?

If it were me, I would cut the doll up so no one would fish it out of the garbage and play with it, and throw it away. I’d definitely keep it away from your grandchild.

I think it’s kind of you to point her in the right direction in terms of her artistry.

2 Likes

I’m so out of my mind… I don’t understand the part of it making me ill. Maybe I’m old I’ve lived thru houses with toxic paint and house siding that wasn’t good plus molds. I’m not ignorant by no means I do believe in allergies and mental health but this reborning with knock offs and paints that make you sick now dolls that can make you sick. I’m losing faith in this world.
I appreciate you telling me your story and how you handled it and your suggestion on what I should do. I think I’ll be digging a whole in my yard and giving her a funeral!!!

5 Likes

It is crazy…I’m 47 and I’ve lived thru those things that now are found out to be toxic to our health yet we lived thru it. I get what you mean.

But knowing what we know now, I would hate for your granddaughter to be exposed to anything.

Also, I would advise against burying the doll. Could you imagine someone digging her up down the line, thinking it was a human baby, and the world of trouble you’d be in??!! Take a pair of scissors or a sharp knife, cut it up, and throw it in the trash. Please. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

As our previous correspondence,Colee1970.Your April painting and reborning is perfection. Do not regret my purchase. The back of her neck is the same as hellbunny33.Once again, Thanks as always😍

4 Likes

I mean China still has standards and you can thank our own government for allowing whatever they allow to be imported here. People think it’s a china problem when really it’s our own government.

While I wouldn’t bake it I wouldn’t go so far as to chuck the whole thing and destroy it for fear of touching the redone doll. You’ll have it sealed anyway. And you’re right there are more things more dangerous than vinyl we are exposed to every day.

5 Likes