My Lost Laila ☹️😡

Ohio had some snow last week and that might have slowed down the shipping

1 Like

My local post office refuses to give receipts. They say per their policy they do not have to do it. The only thing they are responsible for it scanning the package in. I was mad one day about it and giving them heck and they directed me to their website. It is indeed true that they don’t have to give you one. :persevere: Now I have my regular mail do pickups for me and she scans right away when she gets here. She will back me up should I ever have any issues.

1 Like

This is my fear. I never drop my reborns off at the post office without getting a receipt first. They always say you can drop it off on the counter if it has a label already. No, thanks. It is possible however that they didn’t scan it and shipped it.

3 Likes

USPS doesn’t update their online tracking data very well either, in my experience. She may well be in transit

1 Like

Reading these stories, I have much love for my local p.o… They are very good. I hope your baby reaches her destination soon.

2 Likes

Aww I hope you guys find her!!

1 Like

I recently shipped a package to my son on a Thursday. It was 2 -3 day priority. He was suppose to receive it the following Monday. There was no movement shown other than the package being at the post office. After 10 days I called the 800 number on their website and they launched an investigation. A few days later, he received the package. If you haven’t called the 800 number, call and report it so they can start an investigation. I hope your buyer receives it soon.

2 Likes

THAnk you all so much for your replies
You’ve given me some hope!

Now just have my fingers crossed that their system is just not updating

1 Like

Stay hopeful. The mail is a strange thing sometimes. I shipped a package once that almost got to its destination then turned around and came almost back here and then disappeared. I thought it was a goner but a month later it showed up on my doorstep. Not where it was supposed to have gone, but it came back without any damage whatsoever. Never have figured that one out, but the second time I mailed it it got where it was supposed to go in 2 days! LOL

1 Like

Oh no she is such a beautiful baby and a good sale… I hope you find her.

1 Like

I hope she turns up! When I was receiving my Cammi head back from being rooted it was a few days after Black Friday and Cyber Monday. They had so much mail that (from what my local Post Office said) my package was strapped in with a bunch of other packages and they did not have the ability to scan each package to show when it arrived at certain destinations. Her head was also a couple days late. Needless to say I was panicking at first (well maybe a bit longer than that) because of the lack of updates.

Again I really hope that your beautiful girl arrives to her new home soon!

1 Like

They do have to give receipts here. But maybe because eBay already has the tracking, just scanning it is enough for PP? But still, at least insist on them scanning it in front of you. Unless it is scanned the buyer can claim they did not get it, and they can check the tracking so they know if it never shows in the system.

2 Likes

Holy cow did we ever😯

I live in Kentucky and we only got an inch or two.

My mail lady who does my pickups always scans before she takes them from me because I told her about the issues at the office. It’s USPS policy that they don’t have to provide a paper receipt if the postage is prepaid and not done at the office itself. It states that they don’t have to because when printing online you already get the discounted rate because they don’t have to provide it. I thinks it’s dumb. Some post offices go by policy and some dont. Mine happens to be the one who doesnt. The ladies that work there are not very nice and often crabby. :slightly_frowning_face: I dread having to go in there. :persevere:

2 Likes

That is OK as long as PP is happy to have the record from eBay plus the confirmation the PO accepted it. But there was a time that PP would not cover you if you could not provide the receipt. When couple of years ago, I had somebody doing chargeback against me, PP demanded the printed receipt, which I had and all ended well.

1 Like

That’s what I have always been worried about. But trying to tell my P.O. people is a joke. I hope I will never be required to show it because the P.O. flat out refuses to give it to me. :sob:

1 Like

Kate, I had no idea about that. My post office always gives me a receipt and I’m very glad they do. It just give a bit more security to have it.

1 Like

Any word on the baby arriving to mom?