Monthly Baby Pageant (MBP) - NOVICE WINNER - 1st Post

A special thank you goes out to all of the ladies that entered this month’s contest.

…Baby 1 : Riley - Pia Allen
…Baby 2 : Tessa - Angela Flanders
…Baby 3 : Rosebud - Debora Jenkins
…Baby 4 : Kate - Brandy Beayon

[size=14]According to the votes of the members of the BB Forum, the WINNER of the Novice Division of the April MBP is… Pia Allen[/size]

Congratulations, Pia! Please PM me your email address and Nursery name so that I can work up your logo.

Thank you all!

All active BB Forum members are encouraged to vote once for the baby who BEST fits all the following criteria:
… • Overall presentation: including outfit, posing, props, photography and theme
… • Painting - including nails, creases, lips, skin tones and mottling, if done
… • Hair: rooting, painted/rooted or bald if appropriate for the sculpt and overall look of the baby.

Please note that you can only vote one time. If you submit a second vote, it replaces your first vote, it is not in addition to your first vote.

The theme for April is Easter Blessings and Bonnets and although adherence to the theme is not required, it should be considered when voting.

I am impressed Carmen. I just checked for the Pageant and you had it up SO fast. Thanks for all you do.

Well done, everyone!

This keeps falling off of the active topics and new posts… Bump!!

I think everyone did a great job, but as Marlen said - one person - one vote. It’s always fun to participate and I think they get better each time.

Great great job everyone and great job Carmen for putting the images together!!

I’m not a grump but I can be brutally honest this seems more like a popularity contest. I bet I can bet who has all the votes again…the same person that is linking this thread all over the forum.

No wonder everyone moved their entries to Advanced, lol. Why didn’t anyone tell me, this “pageant” was rigged and a waste of time?

Lets keep this friendly and fun girls!

— Begin quote from “Iansmommie”

I’m not a grump but I can be brutally honest this seems more like a popularity contest. I bet I can bet who has all the votes again…the same person that is linking this thread all over the forum.

No wonder everyone moved their entries to Advanced, lol. Why didn’t anyone tell me, this “pageant” was rigged and a waste of time?

— End quote

You know… You made accusations earlier about someone telling everyone to vote for their baby and that has not happened. Yes, a couple of ladies (more than one!) have bumped up the thread and reminded everyone to vote because frankly, we all have good intentions but we all forget at times and the thread does have a tendancy to get buried with everyone posting. But, the only person hinting at who’s baby belongs to who is… You.

The contest is NOT rigged nor is it a popularity contest as you suggest and I take offense at you implying otherwise. In fact, I have not entered this contest myself so that I could not be accused of manipulating the vote somehow as you suggest.

By the way, everyone did not MOVE their entries to the Advanced division. They placed themselves there because they felt that that’s where their Reborning ability is.

I’m sorry you feel that this is a “waste of time”. I’m sure that the other ladies competing do not feel the same way.

Carmen

This thread really has me upset -this was meant to be fun and ADD to this forum -all of the people who entered had the same chance to gain votes -the people choose which baby they like and it has nothing to do with anything else -The person who is in first place is clearly a better reborn artist and that is just a fact of life !All of the artists who entered did their best and all well just better and better as they grow in this art - But to imply that anyone is cheating or being unfair is just NOT TRUE -I think this maybe the last contest if this keeps up- Carmen and Kim have worked to hard to be accused of any wrong doings and as for the artist who is in first place -I am sure that she as with MOST people on this forum is very honest and has been offended and or hurt by these unkind remarks .

Bump!

The only thing I can think of is for everyone who participates in the pageant to try and not say they are participating. Since there are not that many entries, it should not be a problem to figure out who has a doll in the pageant, and which doll belongs to who.

Maybe make this a new rule - not to say when you’re participating? It might lower the tension. Also, to encourage everyone to bump these contests from time to time, regardless if they’re participating or not.

— Begin quote from “Friki”

The only thing I can think of is for everyone who participates in the pageant to try and not say they are participating. Since there are not that many entries, it should not be a problem to figure out who has a doll in the pageant, and which doll belongs to who.

Maybe make this a new rule - not to say when you’re participating? It might lower the tension. Also, to encourage everyone to bump these contests from time to time, regardless if they’re participating or not.

— End quote

I think that is a good suggestion.

— Begin quote from “Carla Knight”

— Begin quote from “Friki”

Bump!

— End quote

What does ‘bump’ mean?

— End quote

I had to ask the same thing when I’ve joined my first forum A “bump” is a post that brings the topic up on the first page. It’s used mostly to bring attention of other users of the forum, or to bring it back when it gets “lost” on other pages.

Please do not cancel this contest. If someone chooses not to participate it is their decision and those of us who do for what ever month accept there are others farther along in their skills than the rest of us. I need things to stir my creative juices and even if I never participate I feed off of the suggestions that have been made for the competitions. My husband even said when I completed the last monkey I finished, and have not shown pics of yet, that it might be a good one for a certain month. I think Carmen and Kim deserve a huge Thank You for doing this for all of us. If I were to enter all of them, which I didn’t, and never win. It would still be fun doing and planning my babies.
I have a lot of stress right now and my babies are what is keeping me sane right now.

— Begin quote from “Debora Jenkins”

Please do not cancel this contest. If someone chooses not to participate it is their decision and those of us who do for what ever month accept there are others farther along in their skills than the rest of us. I need things to stir my creative juices and even if I never participate I feed off of the suggestions that have been made for the competitions. My husband even said when I completed the last monkey I finished, and have not shown pics of yet, that it might be a good one for a certain month. I think Carmen and Kim deserve a huge Thank You for doing this for all of us. If I were to enter all of them, which I didn’t, and never win. It would still be fun doing and planning my babies.
I have a lot of stress right now and my babies are what is keeping me sane right now.

— End quote

Thank you, Debora - I really appreciate it!

Carmen

Bump!

bump

bump!

From the urban dictionary:

“BUMP to bring up somebody’s post typically by posting the word “bump” on a message board
Can also stand for
Bring
Up
My
Post”

It’s used to attract attention to the topic, and it prevents it to get lost on other pages It’s used mostly when people don’t feel the need to chat the topic up, but want to keep it alive and atrract other users to join