Monthly Baby Pageant (MBP) - NOVICE WINNER - 1st Post

Okay, here comes another one…

BUMP!

Bumping it up, up, up!

Great job ladies.

bump

Keep on voting everyone !! Only 2 days left !!

this is like at the fair, in the bumping cars Bump!

Bumped ya back !!! LOL

Last day to vote!

— Begin quote from “Cher_Simnitt”

-The person who is in first place is clearly a better reborn artist and that is just a fact of life !All of the artists who entered did their best and all well just better and better as they grow in this art

— End quote

Seriously are you kidding? This is really rude and untrue. Plain and simple, it’s obvious that everyone knows who the #1 baby is and is voting accordingly. Just saying, it’s not anonymous and impartial. I wasn’t taking cheap shots, I was stating the truth. Sometimes the truth hurts and is embarrassing.

— Begin quote from “Friki”

The only thing I can think of is for everyone who participates in the pageant to try and not say they are participating. Since there are not that many entries, it should not be a problem to figure out who has a doll in the pageant, and which doll belongs to who.

Maybe make this a new rule - not to say when you’re participating? It might lower the tension. Also, to encourage everyone to bump these contests from time to time, regardless if they’re participating or not.

— End quote

True, it is not impartial and anonymous when a contestant is campaigning for their doll.

— Begin quote from “Iansmommie”

— Begin quote from “Cher_Simnitt”

-The person who is in first place is clearly a better reborn artist and that is just a fact of life !All of the artists who entered did their best and all well just better and better as they grow in this art

— End quote

Seriously are you kidding? This is really rude and untrue. Plain and simple, it’s obvious that everyone knows who the #1 baby is and is voting accordingly. Just saying, it’s not anonymous and impartial. I wasn’t taking cheap shots, I was stating the truth. Sometimes the truth hurts and is embarrassing.

— End quote

EXCUSE ME BUT WHO ARE YOU TO SAY OR ASSUME ANYTHING AT ALL REGARDING THE WAY I VOTE OR WHAT I KNOW? ARE YOU KIDDING???
THIS THREAD IS TRULY ANNOYING AND RUDE but I am so furious with your arrogance that I am going to respond honestly. As you said the truth hurts and you should be embarrassed for YES, Lansmommie you win that award for RUDENESS all by yourself.

You have no idea who I voted for - you have no idea how I decided my vote and regarding anonymous votes - you had better go find yourself a dictionary and look the word up and read the definition before you use it here! How dare you assume anything and you have been taking a lot of liberty deciding how the rest of us think & operate. If YOU KNOW who the artist is, then YOU should be excusing yourself from this voting. I DO NOT KNOW WHO THE ARTIST IS – I VOTE BECAUSE I HAVE A BRAIN and understand the process AND, have a personal opinion. (Anonymous: not identified by name) The word has nothing to do with guessing or ASSUMING who it is…shame on YOU!!!

And since I am being HONEST – how old are you Lansmommie that you are behaving like a child – this is supposed to be a FUN doll pageant - who cares who wins??? No prizes involved - no money involved just FUN and being able to share with friends!

As a member of the group that helped with the creation of these contests, if bothers me that we have come to this. There is no way for them to be rigged. I have not seen anything on any links of someone “campaigning” and do not like the accusations. Like mentioned above, I have reasons for why I voted the way I did. I, as a committee member, have no idea who created each doll. I only do for the Advanced category and I am the only one who does, other than the creators.

Carla, first, you decide which category you feel you belong in. You submit 4 photos to Carmen (mcnair6). Those photos should be clear photos that show the face, whole body, rooting, and hands/feet showing nails. Carmen usually reposts all the info when the next month starts. There you will find all the fine print. It is fun and a way to show others how you are doing. The winner receives a logo for that month.

Here is the most recent post where some changes regarding entry dates. It has all the rules and guidelines. If you have any questions, just email me, Carmen or Cher. Hope you decide to enter.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=48355

I wasn’t around to vote this month so don’t take this wrong. Two things - I agree with the winner being the best doll. I haven’t a clue who anyone is so therefore couldn’t be swayed anyway! LOL! Second thing is that having to have so many posts just to enter the contest is hard. By the time you are confident enough to post 150 times, you probably have done several dolls and aren’t really what I would consider an amateur. Unless only professional artists enter the advanced contest. Maybe there needs to be a third category for those who are too experienced to be amateurs but aren’t really full time creators? It is obvious there is a big difference in the amount of votes the winner got but also there seems to me (a beginner) to be a big difference in the dolls. At least in my eyes, which aren’t too good!
I’d love to enter someday but don’t post enough. By the time I post enough, I’ll hopefully feel like I’m past the amateur phase! What is the reason that you have to have so many posts to enter, just out of curiousity? Is it just to only get people who are active on here or to limit outsiders or to keep the number of entries down? Just seems stupid to post nonsense just so I can enter the contest. I’d rather only post when I have a question or a comment. And how do I find out how many times I’ve posted by the way?

Congratulations PIA!!!

And Congratulations to you too!! Wow - the Advanced competition was so close that it seems appropriate that there was a tie.

— Begin quote from “djjessie228”

I wasn’t around to vote this month so don’t take this wrong. Two things - I agree with the winner being the best doll. I haven’t a clue who anyone is so therefore couldn’t be swayed anyway! LOL! Second thing is that having to have so many posts just to enter the contest is hard. By the time you are confident enough to post 150 times, you probably have done several dolls and aren’t really what I would consider an amateur. Unless only professional artists enter the advanced contest. Maybe there needs to be a third category for those who are too experienced to be amateurs but aren’t really full time creators? It is obvious there is a big difference in the amount of votes the winner got but also there seems to me (a beginner) to be a big difference in the dolls. At least in my eyes, which aren’t too good!
I’d love to enter someday but don’t post enough. By the time I post enough, I’ll hopefully feel like I’m past the amateur phase! What is the reason that you have to have so many posts to enter, just out of curiousity? Is it just to only get people who are active on here or to limit outsiders or to keep the number of entries down? Just seems stupid to post nonsense just so I can enter the contest. I’d rather only post when I have a question or a comment. And how do I find out how many times I’ve posted by the way?

— End quote

I completely understand what you are saying… The reason why we require a minimum number of posts goes back to when the members of this forum had the first baby swap. There was no minimum post requirement and we had two people sign up that we had problems with. One never sent a baby and the second person sent a baby that the paint was just slapped on in really thick layers - both of these people received a beautiful reborn baby in return. There were two ladies who sent out beautiful babies that were left empty handed, basically. A few of the fine ladies of this forum got together and made replacement babies for these ladies.

We understand that there are no requirements to join this forum and have implemented the minimum to keep this type of thing from happening again. We do not want someone to join and immediately take part in the contest just to earn logos to add to their signature. We want to get to know you (from your postings) and know that you are serious about reborning.

Hope this makes sense,

Carmen

Thanks Carmen for the time and energy you put into all that you do on this forum. I am basking in my win. I only started reborning in December of last year so I still consider myself a bit of a novice. I look forward (eeck) to competing with the “big” girls in my next pageant.

Congrats, Pia, on another gorgeous baby and on your win!

Congratulations to Pia for taking first. And all of you are winners in my eyes. I loved all the babies.