Mad, melted a bit now what 🤷‍♀️ Now finished

There is a condition that causes darker spots (Melasma I think)… I think this would blend well.

My lighter skinned 10 yr old has a darker spot almost in that spot… lol (I used to try to wash it off allllll the time :wink: ) hahaha

8 Likes

Hahaha, as I’m rooting I’m think about that. I am lucky, it could have gone all the way through the head. Maybe it will work out. I have been rooting her for weeks it seem and I feel like I’m getting no where.

3 Likes

Hahaha, I love y’all so much! Thank you for making me feel better. I panic real fast when it’s not a BB kit.

4 Likes

That’s because you are rooting a head that is probably as big as yours. Had this child been over here, she would be wearing a wig. Lol

5 Likes

Hahah, yeah. Doing this head, I don’t think I’m ever going to paint June. I like 20 inch and under.

3 Likes

My girly has one just like that on her thigh!

3 Likes

Who’s head is it?

1 Like

Maddie :frowning:, I’ve had her painted for a while but the hair is torture.

3 Likes

You poor thing!!! I’m sure you will find a wAy to disguise it!!!

1 Like

I have to watch my attitude, I get so mad I’m ready to throw them away! Sigh
I’ve calmed down, I will keep it pressing on and hopefully have her done in a few weeks lolol

4 Likes

Atta girl! :wink:
Give Nadia a hug for me :heart:

1 Like

I sure will!

1 Like

That looks a little like the scar I have by my ear. It’s a spot where the skin never closed Before birth and I’ve had it since birth!

2 Likes

Oh no I keep wanting to use my salt lamp bulb when I am just about to give in a do it it seems like the timing is always that I read someone has melted their head with one. I can’t even imagine the frustration concerning how much work had already went into a baby by the time you are at the rooting stage.

2 Likes

OHHHH…I’m so sorry that happened to your Maddie…I think you could still sell as a booboo baby…it doesn’t look like it’s too bad :grin:

I am SO scared of lamps…I have never used one…I use the old heated rice sock method…it stays warm for quite a long time…and no danger of melting…

2 Likes

Oh my, that is heartbreaking. I’m wishing you the best and hope you can fix her. I use the heat lamp, but I have found the one with the dimmer switch works better for me because I can control the amount of heat by dimming the bulb down. When I have a doll head that is too small for the lamp I lay the head on a heating pad to get it warm.

2 Likes

That does not look bad at all and will be covered with hair.

2 Likes

Im working on her. I feel a little better now but she definately will have a scar.

2 Likes

You can say that baby had a ‘forceps delivery’ and has a scar on her right temple as a result of it. It happens in real life.
In addition, I think everyone look mostly straight in the face, so that little scar might not turn the right mom off at all. I am sure thta she is BEAUTIFUL!

1 Like

I can’t wait to see what she will look like. I feel likes it’s always a surprise for me too!!! Hahahah

2 Likes