Mad, melted a bit now what 🤷‍♀️ Now finished

So, I’m a bit pissed. My heat lamp was smaller then my doll head and melted her near her head. I almost don’t want to finish her but she was expensive. What should I do and how much does it depreciate her?

8 Likes

I think she would sell as a booboo

1 Like

I’m so mad, I don’t even want to finish. :pensive:

1 Like

I know that feeling! Do you think if you heat it you could reshape it and then cover it with hair?

2 Likes

I would continue with it, but cover that part with hair as best as possible and sell as a boo boo baby.

3 Likes

Not helpful now but I am scared of the heat lamp so I put a stack of neck rings on mine to hold the light farther from the vinyl. I have only used it in 2 heads though

2 Likes

Because it was a toddler, it literally burned the inside. Now it smells like burnt vinyl. I may try to cover it because she was expensive, it just makes me so mad because I feel like I through money down the drain :sob:
I have worked sooooo hard on her and I’m like now what!
I don’t like rooting without the head being warm, I can’t find my needles anywhere 46 1barb. I’m just like, okay now what.
The inside is melted black and throws my art eye off. It makes me disgusted to look at. Besides the fact it looks like out of a horror sci-fi movie. Maybe I am just being dramatic,I don’t handle things going wrong well lol.

2 Likes

Do you have an example how? I am just so upset over this.

1 Like

7 Likes

You are genius! Does it still go in?

2 Likes

The silver parts still move and squeeze into the neck hole, then spread to hold it in. The rings move a bit while inserting the light into the hole but I just fiddle with it and line it up before turning it on. I root with the neck hole away from me

1 Like

Sorry to hear this! You could still sell her as a boo boo and reinforce the area inside of the head that was burned with vinyl putty to make the area stronger.

3 Likes

You have a lot more painting experience than me, but if it were mine, I would mix up some Genesis thick with an opaque tone that matches the skin, no thinner and paint directly into the dark areas blending it like foundation. You could cover up quite a bit that way. I’ve been doing it to fingers and toes with pitting.

5 Likes

:sob: :sob: :sob:

2 Likes

I’m so sorry. It makes you sick doesn’t it? I melted a few things recently. Darren’s limbs being melted scarred me so badly I put his head away for months.

2 Likes

It’s always been my worst fear! I expected the new wave. I usually check, didn’t this time. Sigh.
I’m going to get over myself and try to finish her. Sigh

2 Likes

You can also buy a heat lamp with an infrared bulb that can clamp onto something and work underneath it. It gets kind of warm sitting under it but I like to use it sometimes!

1 Like

I’m soooooooo sorry love!!! That’s heartbreaking!:disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

It could be worse, I am going to try to finish her.

2 Likes

Shoot… that could be a birth mark. Finish that head and keep it moving. :wink:

4 Likes