Let's Show our Work, or WIP!

Wow just wow!

Thank you. Itā€™s fun to do an alternative kit for a change. Iā€™m definitely going to have to do more alternatives. :grin:

3 Likes

Love your babies!!!

1 Like

I love his hair!

1 Like

Ever since I made the elf, i am loving alternatives more and more. And this guy is AMAZING! Nice work!

1 Like

19 Likes

Thank you so much :blush:

How do you make your babies so smooth? I canā€™t even make a Caucasian baby that looks good.

Hereā€™s my progress on my baby. Yes I stripped him lol. What causes paint to look like this? I was using a method Sue Ellen just started using.

Instead of washes, I was using a stippling brush and sponge. Itā€™s supposed to blend together. I stripped before it cured and she didnā€™t have any staining like last time. This is Spencer.

My paint is air dry Winsor and Newton and liquitex matte fluid to prime. The primer was perfect. But this looks different.

4 Likes

I know Ive said this to you before but I strongly suggest getting Melissa Georgeā€™s patreonā€¦also it takes a long time before you find your mojo, just stick with it :wink:

3 Likes

Beautiful, as always :slight_smile:

I love him! You definitely have a knack for this :wink:

1 Like

Iā€™m taking your advice. I never had that happen before. My mottling is usually one of the best things I do. Iā€™m new but Iā€™m decent at mottling. That was not what Iā€™m used to and I stayed with it to see if it would improve. Once I put 3 layers down, I stripped her and gave her a bath.

1 Like

Working on rooting a doll I finished painting over a year ago. I really hate rooting.

13 Likes

I have 3 heads waiting to be rooted because I hate rooting also.

3 Likes

Itā€™s funny that is enjoy rootingā€¦ until the end

1 Like

Finished rooting little Zuri. Her Mommy is happy with her and canā€™t wait for her to come home. That makes me feel amazing :blush: I couldnā€™t resist curling the top of her hair. She looks a little shiny in the first pic its mainly due to the water and fabric softener I sprayed on her hair.

27 Likes

What happens when you get to the end?

Something about the perfect cutting and fine details of styling that make me a little batty!

1 Like

I LOVE her, beautiful job, keep us posted on mommyā€™s reaction when she gets her!!

1 Like

Thank you, I will :blush:

1 Like