Let’s show our WIP, part 3

Wow, this is your first time? I think it’s looking great!

Beautiful rooting!

She will be beautiful!

1 Like

Yes Angora Mothique. It’s fine adult. The yearling is just going everywhere because static…

1 Like

How does it work? Do you use the same needle? Does the hair have a tendency to pull out? It looks great so far btw. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I got Levi all painted, now he’s next in line to be rooted! He’s gonna be a little strawberry blonde like the Chase I did.

15 Likes

It’s exactly the same process. Hair stay inside more than in vinyl. The static is terrible, it’s hard to see what I do. I also have to push the needle harder to get deep enough, it’s kind of “elastic” ? And forget the directional rooting, it seem very difficult to get the hair go the way I want !

2 Likes

I can’t wait to see her when she’s finished. :blush::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Your rooting is beautifully done. Rooted hair makes them look the most realistic, IMO, but it’s tedious.

2 Likes

Beautiful and thin! I’ve tried hard to get this look but never can. My babies always end up with thick hair. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Beautiful! Can’t wait to see him with the strawberry blonde hair.

Getting Maddie’s pictures finished up. I just love her :slight_smile:

28 Likes

I hate rooting, but I also don’t care for painted hair…

It looks good for the first hour of rooting, then it’s just frustrated stabbing until it’s done, then I have to go over it and pluck the hair that’s been crammed into one hole as a result of the frustrated stabbing :roll_eyes:

Anyway here’s Charles rooted(but not plucked yet) with his magnet curing. Managed to drop it in the head 3 times :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: his body and limbs have been assembled so now all I need to do is finish the plucking and then weight his head and plop it on the body.

8 Likes

Omg, cute. This amount of hair seems perfect for her age.

1 Like

Very cute!

1 Like

Cute!

1 Like

I hold the magnetized pacifier where I want it on the face after I put the glue in for the inside magnet. Then when I put the inner magnet in, it jumps right to the pacifier in the correct polarity.

2 Likes

I do that too, but I have a tremor and twitch some so it doesn’t always work of I drop it before I get close enough :stuck_out_tongue:

I love this Maddie! She is one of your very best babies. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

My favorite to date, she is sooo adorable