Let’s show our WIP, part 3

I still need a bit more texture on her in some areas but she is super close to start rooting. Except for the dreaded brows :sob:

29 Likes

I love her!!! The lips are beautiful :heart_eyes:

1 Like

No it’s not :joy: looks really pluggy in the photo because the varnish is cracking a bit, hopefully I can fix it or she will be a keeper or a boo boo, I’m on the back of the head now and my technique has improved (should have started at the back lol) love this mohair from Karmandolls though, not getting any wastage apart from the odd thick black hair that looks like a goats eyelash!!

1 Like

She is so pretty :heart_eyes:

1 Like

She is beautiful! I love the color of her lips and her skin tone.

1 Like

Well… I WAS going to assemble the bodies and limbs(not the heads) of my two… but turns out I’m out of glass beads :stuck_out_tongue: ugh ok now I have to go buy some.

Pearl is almost ready for sweet spots and tiny details

22 Likes

Wow she is amazing! Can I come and take a painting course with you?!

2 Likes

Aww, I would love that! Let’s meet somewhere tropical, though! :smiley:

4 Likes

Girl, how in the world do you finish rooting so fast. Mine barely have hair and I’m over here forever.

3 Likes

She is absolutely beautiful, such a lovely color.

1 Like

So sweet!

1 Like

Thank you! It is so hard to know when you are done sometimes lol.

I can top that, I just sold a doll, before I was to mail I decided to add some more eyelashes. I’m just sick and embarrassed I tore the vinyl. I just emailed the buyer and told them. So sorry for them and me. I said I would sell another doll with big discount or I could glue from the back to repair and add glued eyelashes with big discount. Not very professional and I’ll so profoundly upset.

4 Likes

Oh my yep that trophy goes to you, sadly. We have all nearly done it or will someday…maybe you will have it out of the way and have some smooth sailing after this passes. I feel for you :weary: ugh

2 Likes

I know that lump of lead feeling in the stomach. I’m so sorry this happened to you.

1 Like

Yeah not a prize I wanted to win, I’m just never satisfied :rage:

3 Likes

Yes, this is a real bummer, I NEED to learn to let go, leave alone, but I usually see one more thing that I can tweak. The artist personality or just stupid?

1 Like

Definitely artist personality. :+1:

2 Likes

Penelope, maybe you can save it by doing follow:

1. pull the eyelashes out
  2. patch ripped vinyl with MacP vinyl putty. Bake. I know you use air dry, but maybe you can bake one time in your oven, however watch for the temperature.
  3. Paint repaired spots.
  4. Apply applied eyelashes. - those should cover any reapaired issues.
2 Likes