Just need to cry with someone who will "get" it

$15 for the set of arms plus whatever shipping is via USPS. I don’t use them regularly.

1 Like

I’d take the arms and use the cuddle body for someone else.

3 Likes

I feel for you! I melted Johannah’s head and Darren’s limbs all in the same day in October. I’m pretty sure it scarred me for life :sob:

3 Likes

That would be devastating. I am about to go in my studio and see the poor thing. The garbage collectors do not come until Thursday anyway.

Obviously, I need to either paint with air dry or buy a new oven. This one was not a Nuwave and maybe that is why the temp is so much hotter in the center. Do you use a Nuwave- is that what I should get?

1 Like

I am so sorry. That would be such a terrible feeling. I can’t even imagine. I don’t use heat set, but I can still imagine the feelings it must have caused… terrible, too, when family laughs about something like that. They might mean well and might be trying to lighten up the situation, but when you are in the situation, it does not help!

3 Likes

They did mean well. Intermixed with the laughter was the comment “even she won’t be able to fix this one.” This comes from me feeling nostalgic one time and buying a doll like I played with as a child on eBay. The pictures were poor and I could not tell, but the doll came with her nose mostly chewed off. The seller’s response was that he does not deal in dolls- I am thinking, but a missing nose? Really? But I fixed it and you now cannot really tell.

3 Likes

The one that malfunctioned for me was a Rosewill. I will never use anything other than Nuwave now. I love mine. Get the one with the amber colored dome if you can!

2 Likes

Buying a different brand may help, but keep in mind that babies have melted in NuWaves too. If I used heat set I would park my butt right in front of the oven and watch it like a hawk. I’d be sick if it melted an expensive kit.

2 Likes

I am so sorry to hear that. I can feel your pain. I am still recovering every time when I see my Huxley’s cheek :sob:

1 Like

That is what I have too.
@jeanhai- that is true- Nuwaves can and have melted kits. I try not to breathe the fumes so I put it in the garage. I had been worried about it and thought that the remote thermometer would help- it didn’t.
@YelenaRey- I hope you can at least find some enjoyment from her- mine I tried to stuff to reshape or something- but there is just no hope. I don’t even think I could practice painting brows on this one.

2 Likes

There have been so many Rosewill oven horror stories. When they go bad, they go bad quickly. I think mine was a case of fan malfunction. The first time I thought it was user error so stupid me baked something else and got even worse results :tired_face: It actually started to catch fire the second time!

3 Likes

I will learn from you and not try it again today. I usually have big gaps in time to paint, so this is the first time I have used it a lot in one day, but that should not really matter unless something was going wrong anyway. Artists used to use those turkey roasters a lot. How in the world did they not melt kits on a regular basis in those? There just isn’t much space in any I have seen. I wonder if they are still used? I have one, but no … I won’t do it. As much as I want to paint, I won’t.

3 Likes

Has anyone used the kind of oven that Sarah Mellman uses in her video? I am wowed by the number of parts she gets inside.
Link to Youtube Video of Oven

1 Like

Oh no I’m sooo sorry

2 Likes

Thank you Lisa.

2 Likes

It has happened to me too. It can be quite shocking and if you have put a lot of work into the baby really disappointing. I am so sorry.

3 Likes

Thank you. It was so much work lost and I thought I was careful. I am leaning towards the convection instead of a Nuwave.

1 Like

Oh gosh, I’m so sorry. I live in fear of that happening.

1 Like

I did too- that is why I got the remote thermometer. So disappointing.

2 Likes

That is SO amazing! :slight_smile: She has 2. Lots of babies.

1 Like