Just need to cry with someone who will "get" it

I know there are way more important things going on in the world, but I melted my baby’s head today. I have never done that before. Thank goodness it was not Huxley, but still. My oven apparently just shot up to 300 all the sudden and my remote thermometer did not show 300 or alarm like it is supposed to. I know it was 300 because the regular oven thermometer was in there too. I cannot look at the poor baby :frowning: I have been painting hair with Ultimate Fusion and this makes me want to just go with entirely air dry.

11 Likes

Oh nooooooo! :confounded: So sorry that happened! :cry:

2 Likes

Oh no!!! I am so sorry that happened to you :scream:

2 Likes

Thank you! My family laughed and told me to throw it in the garbage, but I couldn’t do it- yet.

1 Like

I’m sorry that happened. It’s one of the reasons I use air dry. Family laughing must have kind of hurt. When you’re ready to discard it, make sure you save the limbs. You can buy a different head and make a whole baby.

4 Likes

Yes, it did kind of hurt. I had been working all day on it too. I think I am going to use air dry like I used to. If it had been the Huxley that I am painting for someone I would have had a major anxiety attack.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry :frowning:

2 Likes

Oh no. I’m so sorry! Nothing is more frustrating than having all of that hard work go down the drain. Whoever is laughing must not know what that feels like. Who were you working on?

You really can make beautiful babies with air dry paint. I have been using it for years and have no desire to switch.

2 Likes

I’m sorry. I get nervous every time I put any vinyl parts in the oven. You never know when a malfunction will happen. :cry:

4 Likes

Oh no😳 so sorry

2 Likes

It was BB’s Madison, so at least not a costly kit but my time is gone and that is starting to be worth more and more to me since my dad’s death. I bought the Christine Woolley hair painting tutorials that come with the paints and like the paint. I have not followed the tutorials yet- that is what Madison was for. The kit comes with a sealer that you use before you put the Ultimate Fusion on top of the Genesis and I was almost there :sob:
So much for my remote thermometer…now that might go in the garbage.

3 Likes

I will cry with you. This is so devastating, I am so sorry :sob:

3 Likes

That is so upsetting- I understand. After all of your hard work and time. What sculpt was it?

2 Likes

I’m sorry Jenny. I hate when this happens. The remote thermometer didn’t work?

2 Likes

I seriously feel your pain. I was finishing up this Joseph kit. His arms were being sealed and I was done. My oven also lost its mind and overheated. It literally broke my heart, and I ain’t even gonna lie. I cried a little.

4 Likes

I was trying to remember who lost a pair of arms to Joseph. I just opened my Joseph kit to use his head for a repair. I have limbs available if you want to buy them from me.

2 Likes

@Estelle85, @katieperry, @Doodlebugsnursery, @Keneen- I hope I did not miss anyone- thank you all- I knew you would understand.
No, I don’t think my new remote thermometer worked. I had been moving it around trying to find a place for the probe to get an accurate reading while leaving space so there was no chance of it touching a doll part. I had determined that there was a much greater variance in oven temperature based on where the probe was than I imagined and thought I adjusted. Like the center of the oven right under the element was an average of 25 degrees hotter than toward the perimeter. I had the remote set to alarm if the oven temp got above 245 because of that, but it never did. My guess is because the probe was towards the perimeter. Even though it was not an expensive limited edition kit I am mad at myself.

2 Likes

So sorry this happened to you ! I would be upset too. Hugs :hugs:

2 Likes

That is terrible I am so sorry this happened​:cry::cry::cry:

2 Likes

@Keneen I already ordered a cuddle body for him from a lady on here. I wish I would have known! How much would they be? I may take them. I dont know which way to go!

2 Likes