Juan on sale

Do you think Juan would be a good choice for the toddler class? I am nervous about him because everyone says he is so BIG. But, most toddlers are his size right? I am excited to do a toddler, because I have not done one before, and I want a toddler as a keeper:-) what do yall think? He is on sale, so that’s my price range😩any one done a Juan? Any thoughts or pictures to share?

I think Juan would be perfect for a toddler class. He’s definitely a toddler :baby_bottle:

I think the comments about him being so big come from people woking on the newborns. When they go to a sculpt that size, it seems huge. I think he’d be great for the toddler class.

2 Likes

How long do yall think it would take to root that head? I wonder how long the class gives me to do it… How much hair do yall think I would need? Lol

I did a Juan a few years ago, and I named him Carson. He is BIG! He is really chubby!

Sorry for the small picture!

1 Like

Oh! He’s your siggy pic! So cute! Did you root the hair?

Nichole, have you signed up for the class? Is it the REAL Fair Skinned Toddler? I’m taking it too. Have you gotten any info yet? I signed up. I visit the forum and group everyday, but I haven’t recieved anything and I haven’t done a class so I don’t know what’s supposed to be going on. Oh, and Juan would certainly work for the class although I always picture him with more ethnic skin tones. I guess because of his name, I always see him as an Hispanic baby.

2 Likes

I know Helen, that’s why I’m second guessing. I still haven’t signed up… I’m in the middle of moving and I want to make sure I am properly situated so I can focus on my baby and class!:smiley: I do think Juan works best for Hispanic… Not fair skinned toddler! I am limited money wise until after my move and start my new job, and the price is right on Juan… But I think I should keep looking. Is Juan as big as Annie by bb? Please let me know if you find any toddler bargains, I really do want to take the class with you!

Cuddles and Kitten both come out cute and they might go on sale. You should ask if anyone on here has a toddler they would sell for Juan’s sale price. What is it, $29? Lots of people have extra dolls and might help you out a little. Juan is bigger than Cuddles and Kitten. He is 29 inches. If you are planning on rooting, that’s a big, big, head. I don’t know how big Annie is. Juan is an 18 month old kid.

1 Like

That scares me, that head! I would never be able to finish the class on time. Should I post a wanted ad on our forum? :smiley:

Juan is the only one I ever melted. At the time I was using a counter top convection oven and melted his legs. Ordered new legs but then had trouble rooting his hair. He is one of two I gave up on. He is big.

1 Like

Lol, it’s not looking good for ol Juan! Lol😳

Nichole, do you like Kitten? I have a kitten I would sell you for $20. plus shipping. I have a bunch of toddlers to do and just don’t think I’ll get to her. If I remember right she’s a firsts kit. The only prob is I put one light wash of pink on her lips and I may have sealed her with satin varnish. It’s thin if I did because I can’t even tell for sure. Other than that, she’s right out of the box. The lip color is light enough that you could just work over it, or you could use some stripper and take her back to original. PM me if you’re interested. I forgot about her when we were talking this a.m.

1 Like

Oh my Helen! Oh yes please!

1 Like

Do you think I should use 22 or 24 mm eyes? I am so excited to do a big baby… I can’t wait to take her shopping! Dressing her will be so fun! And little shoes!!! @honojane I will sign up for the toddler class right away, we will need the manual to make sure we have all the proper paint colors!

2 Likes

No, he has a wig. He was an early reborn, when I didn’t know how to root hair correctly! :smile:

1 Like

You should defiantly use 24 mm eyes. I find that the bigger ones are better. I originally got the 22 mm for my Juan, but those made him look like an alien! lol! :smile:

1 Like

Nichole did you get my latest PM saying she shipped? I’m always afraid I posted things wrong when I PM.

Yes! I just got it!!! Thank you!:tada::tada::tada::tada::tada: you are so wonderful!!! I am really excited!!!

1 Like

You should google search “Kitten Reborn” if you haven’t already. There are some really cute ones on there!

1 Like