It's all over on YouTube

You can keep your videos I would mark them as for kids to be on the safe side.

1 Like

There was a Time when we lived without youtube and we survived :joy:

1 Like

That about sums it up kids will be vulnerable to trashy content.

1 Like

True!:blush:

But I will be still here to see whatever you post :grinning:

YouTube for me is basically another platform to advertise my reborns that are on sale. But I’ve made lots of friends there and hope I can stay connected to those I met on YouTube

2 Likes

What is the difference between marking it for kids and marking it for adults?

1 Like

My understanding is if you mark it for kids, you will no longer be able to recieve comments, likes, subscribers will no longer be notified when you have a new video uploaded, they won’t be able to search for your video etc. It’s really going to be a channel killer. You lose montization. If you mark the video for adults, you may be possibly be able to keep all of those features however if the FTC believes that your videos are for kids and you mislabeled them, you could have your channel deleted and be fined up to $42,000 per violation. It’s really scary! :frowning:

4 Likes

So what they have stated is that if you think your channel is appealing to an under 13 audience you need to mark it as for children. If you knowingly mark it adult when it is obviously meant for children or is obviously something children might be attracted to then you risk a 40K fine.

I am not worried about it. I am going to state in my description box that my channel is intended for adult doll collectors and in no way is intended for viewing by children under the age of 13.

The worst that can happen (I believe) is that they turn off my comments if the deep learning detects that children or anyone watching Childrens content is dominating my channel.

That is how I understand it.

2 Likes

This is exactly what I was just wondering, Jack Hartmann, the Learning Station, and Bounce Patrol. We use them every day in my class. Learning Letter sounds A-Z, learning letter sounds you and me, clap three times, 1,2,3,…

1 Like

Hmmm. Something I will need to think about I guess. I dont mrket to children however they may think differently since it is a doll. I’m not sure if I was to even stated it many times that they are adult collectible dolls if that will make a difference or not.

1 Like

Even if you don’t market for kids it is an item kids are automatically associated with and they would be child friendly videos.
I think for you yourself it wouldn’t change much to mark as “for kids”. You don’t cuss or show anything not safe for kids… as far as I know you don’t get paid from the videos so that wouldn’t effect you. There just wouldn’t be notifications, or a comment section. (If I understand right)
But if you mark as for adults and kids watch it due to it being dolls and they scan and find your channel in the wrong category you may get fined $42,000 per video.

2 Likes

Maybe add some chats that are not doll specific?

1 Like

Nope, they are trying to keep advertisers from targeting kids content, basically using their information, analytics, habits etc. To market directly to them.

It has nothing to do with protecting kids or making sure they have good content, You Tube simply got busted for selling to kids and using their information without permission, profited off of them.

3 Likes

So does this mean you Aren’t going to be able to make your videos anymore? I’m gonna be so bummed out, I watch them over and over!!

3 Likes

So no more “kids” will be on there watching videos of cars, monster trucks, music, makeup, clothes, crafts, dancing etc . . . Feels like this is a case of “This is a Man’s World”. JMSO.

1 Like

I use some of the math videos set up for kids to help my son in our homeschool lessons. :frowning:

1 Like

I am still confused…

1 Like

This makes me so angry as well ,I don’t do YT videos anymore of my reborn babies ,am on Vimeo. It’s a lot better then YT ,a s half of us are their ,you all should consider Vimeo ,pls think it over .

3 Likes

I don’t know how to navigate Instagram now I have to try to figure out Vimeo, lol!