It's all over on YouTube

Starting in January there will no longer be any children’s content allowed on YouTube which h means my videos and many others which have to do with toys or anything that children are attracted to (reborn baby dolls) will no longer be visible on YouTube. I am very saddened by this as is also for my fellow reborn channels on YouTube. I will be posting videos on other platforms such as Facebook and Instagram. I will however still be on YouTube but because my content is marked yes for children there will be no more notifications and comment sections. I will be posting here and on Facebook and Instagram when I upload a video to let you know when I have a video up. If you are subscribed to me on YouTube you will manually have to search for the latest video. For more information on this subject of YouTube and to sign a petition heres a video.

6 Likes

I had heard a little bit about this and I’m way confused. I haven’t looked into it myself yet as it was just this morning that I was reading about it. But I heard that you had to declare if your videos were for children or not. I market as not for kids so I didn’t know if the new rules would apply or not. But like I said, I haven’t looked too much into it. @Gabriell will this effect your channel?

2 Likes

I’m glad to see this. I think this is what is wrong with a lot of our children. Youtube brain!

3 Likes

While I do understand the desire to protect the kids (there is some seriously horrid ‘kids’ content out there), this way hurts honest creators as well. I’m afraid many channels I like will be forced to stop.
I don’t think the problem is all on YouTube, though. There’s parents that just give their kids a tablet for hours on end and let them roam free watching whatever they want. Then they blame YouTube when their kid sees something bad. I think it’s also a parents responsibility to supervise their kids.

9 Likes

But reborns are art collector dolls and for adults they are not safe or safety tested for children so why would it matter if child content is no longer aloud on there?

2 Likes

I assume they would view them as dolls. I dont think they care if they are art dolls or play dolls… dolls are associated with kids

2 Likes

This was my thinking but from what I have been reading, it looks as though reborns would fall under the content that isn’t allowed any longer.

1 Like

Oh that is rubbish and not fair.

I really enjoy the reborning videos so will really miss them. Do you think it will include the painting videos?

1 Like

It will but I am not monitized so it won’t be a financial loss for me. I am going to mark them adult content because they are not even interesting to kids under 13, I swear once in a while, and I want to keep comments open, that’s the fun part!

Yep all kids and family content will have to change their demo or go to the YT kids app.

3 Likes

You tube will still provide content just on another platform, an App, that I am guessing they will charge for.

The only people hurt are content providers.

You tube will just get dark and grimy.

You Tube could have handled this better.

2 Likes

It isn’t to “protect” kids from crap content, it will still be there. The kids and family content just won’t be because no one is going to work for free.

The trouble was You Tube allowed advertisers to Target kids.

You Tube profited, advertisers profited.

It isn’t about content it is about selling crap to kids.

3 Likes

Hmmm. I wonder how we will now access our music and movement songs from folks like the learning station and Jack Hartman?? We use them several times a day. CDs are like dinosaurs now.

3 Likes

i hope jack hartmann is still there!

1 Like

I create mostly reborn doll videos on my channel. While I feel that I keep most of my content family friendly, I don’t usually make it with kids in mind. So I have marked my channel as made for kids so I don’t get fined. I know by doing this alot of the features will go away. I will miss being able to have the reborn community on YouTube. Even though, I don’t make videos with kids in mind, was it still ok to go ahead and mark them as made for kids? I’m really worried about the fine thing too.
Here’s the link to my YouTube if anyone is interested:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw9F3xQgANQQrzQA8Y9oZAA
I am nervous for the future of YouTube as this will affect all videos not just about Reborns and there are some non reborn related videos I enjoy. I also enjoy listening to music on there and just making videos in general. I’ve thought about moving to Daily Motion but they have disabled their comments too and if I’m not getting feedback/hearing from my audience what’s the point? Just my thoughts.

So do you think I will be able to keep my videos up then? My videos are just a bunch of pics from the dolls photoshoot set to some music. I use those as a way to get more pics into reborns then just the 20 they offer. I would like to keep doing this but I dont know if I can. Maybe putting a disclaimer will help or something?

I’m so confused and lost.

3 Likes

So basically kids who will still watch YouTube will be watching adult content? Isn’t that what they’re trying to get them away from? Are they trying to keep kids from posting content?

4 Likes

No they are taking good wholesome content off off YouTube and leaving the bad nasty content for children to see!

3 Likes

Because children are attracted to dolls even reborn dolls.

1 Like

Anything a child may be attracted to yes.

1 Like