Is it me or is more people painting hair or leaving the babies bald?

Isn’t it funny, the first thing little girls want to do is change their clothes. I spent so much time picking out the clothes for the 2 dolls I made for my girlfriend’s daughters and they had them off and mismatched clothes on them within the hour…lol

4 Likes

Some people are better at painted hair - some are excellent - and some are better at rooting. Artists should do what they are comfortable with. Both types of hair have their challenges and rewards, and both take a lot of time to do, although rooting may take longer. Both rooted and painted hair have their own benefits. Rooting is soft to the touch and looks very 3D real while painted hair will never fall out or get messy. I have seen some artists who are awesome at painted hair, and that is my goal one day. There are customers who like painted and those that like rooted, as well as those who like either. It’s like chocolate and vanilla ice cream. Some like one or the other, and some like both, and both have their own special points to offer. Even bald babies can be very cute if reborn nicely.

6 Likes

I have done 2 with painted hair. Dd not the turn out of either. I am working on Leah now, she seems to have a small head to root! That’s the whole reason I ordered her… Small head!!! Lololol

4 Likes

The nice part about painting hair is, if you don’t like it, don’t bake it. Then you can start over or root.

5 Likes