Is it me or is more people painting hair or leaving the babies bald?

I been looking at babies online seems to be a lot of painted hair or bald babies. Now I will be the first to say I hate rooting but I am getting better with each baby. Don’t you think it’s so worth rooting the hair in the end? I love the real hair. What do you all like painted or rooted hair? Even a lot of people are leaving there babies bald. I left one baby bald because the person who wanted it said she didn’t want any hair. Some babies do have good heads to be bald but just seem like a lot of them lately.

1 Like

I like rooted best, but painted can be very nice IF and ONLY IF, the artist is good at it. Roughly painted hair ruins a baby for me. Bald babies, for the most part, seem unfinished to me. I have one I was debating leaving bald, but in the end, I have decided she will be rooted.

3 Likes

I love bald babies best, so does my mom. MAybe because she had 3 bald babies, I was one of them! And my grandpa was bald… So like his bumper sticker proudly proclaimed… BALD IS BEAUTIFUL!:older_man::baby:

5 Likes

I love bald babies best, so does my mom. MAybe because she had 3 bald babies, I was one of them! And my grandpa was bald… So like his bumper sticker proudly proclaimed… BALD IS BEAUTIFUL!:older_man::baby:

I Love the hair on the dolls, I think it is part of what makes them so special, However if I were purchasing a reborn I would prefer a baldy to a botched rooting job. It is hard to reroot with big holes all over the head.

3 Likes

i do a bit of both alternate i would say
right now im working on a paige that im rooting
and i have left one bald
so i guess it is the mood im in on which i choose to do

2 Likes

I love the feel of the hair when I hold the head in my hand. Bald or painted hair just doesn’t do it for me. It looks great in pics, though!

3 Likes

I like a little bit of hair! Peach fuzz look also! I was going to keep my second Ofelia bald but I chose to add a bit of hair

3 Likes

I agree with you Helen, if it is painted really well, I like it, but I prefer rooted babies to bald. :smiley:

2 Likes

Ofelia is adorable. I wish I bought that kit while I had the chance :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I LOVE to see a well-rooted head of hair, BUT having been bad myself till I was 2 yrs. old, and having given birth to a baldie, I have a special place in my heart for those little bald heads. :blush: BUT only if the head is shaped right. Not all babies look good bald. Here’s my Precious Gift and this time I left him bald – his mommy (fortunately) felt the same way about baldies that I do :heart: Beauty’s in the eye of the beholder.

10 Likes

He’s adorable! Yea, no rooting needed! :smile:

1 Like

She will be up for adoption soon! I have one more for myself!!!

I agree he’s adorable!!

1 Like

4 Likes

Awww so cute!! I really like that kit. I’m kicking myself for not getting it.

I prefer rooted than painted or bald. I think rooted hair makes it more real looking and I love dark hair.

2 Likes

Me too I love dark hair an light eyes. My older son Jacob had a full head of dark brown hair an blue eyes. My son Nathan a full head of jet black hair an green eyes. I think they maybe why I go for the dark hair, I like baldy babies just seems like there has been a lot more for sale, also painted hair.

There was a baby on eBay or Facebook I can’t remember witch but the hair looked so real. I wish I did a screen shot but it was painted. It looked like it was coming right off the head. Had that 3d look. If I can get my painted hair to look like that I would defiantly do painted hair Once in awhile. I’m gonna practice painted hair but I need a good tutorial or ebook. I definitely would wanna get that 3d look.

3 Likes

I left my Elsie bald,But only because I don’t know how to paint hair,And didn’t have enough of one color mohair to root her. I plan to root my Asher when he’s finished,If I can get Elsie sold.

1 Like