I got a Knitting loom set

Lolol@anne

1 Like

Here are some close ups and they are removable

1 Like

The pegs don’t look the same as mine and the ones that Renauta was talking about had notches at the top I think which she said cause the yarn to catch .
Mine do have notches at the top and they are removable however so far I am not having trouble with mine catching my yarn but then I may be a very loose knitter :smile:

If you used them before then it should be no problem for you to use them now the notch I think was the objection to using that brand .

1 Like

Gotcha. I am looking through pinterest now deciding what to make

1 Like

I decided to make this kitty

6 Likes

Thats cute ! I have seen so many cute things to be done on tho looms

3 Likes

How’s it going? :heart:

2 Likes

Yes, you have a knifty knitter! Those are coveted!

4 Likes

What’s a kniffty knitter?

3 Likes

It’s a name brand that are not made anymore. People find them and hoard them lol.

5 Likes

I have 2 sets. One I use and one set up for my daughter someday if she wants them

2 Likes

I sent one of my looms home with my daughter to try after showing her the knit and purl stitch . She has a back problem and had surgery twice her hand goes numb at times so I thought she would be better able to handle the loom than the needles .
I have a thumb problem which is one reason I have been trying out this form of knitting as the usual takes two needles and causes trouble in that hand.

2 Likes

Yes it’s also good for people with arthritis.

3 Likes

It is going great. Had to rewatch the first 2 rows a few times to make sure I did it correctly, after that could pay better attention to TV and knit.

2 Likes

Really, well isn’t that a happy surprise :grin:. Thank you for identifying it for me

2 Likes

Hold on to that one. They don’t make them anymore and if you notice in most of loomahats videos it’s that exact loom she uses. It’s the loom of choice for most. Until you get into the finer gauges, sock looms etc.

3 Likes

I have a fine sock loom but it seemed to always spontaneously unwind off pins after painstakingly wrapping it. Put it away before I threw it away lol. Definitely holding onto my set! Sad it is no longer made

3 Likes

My sock looms are from cinDwood and are the best. I have tried a lot of them, I know exactly what you are talking about.

2 Likes

I will look into that brand because I really wanted mine to work

1 Like