Help pls...Don't Know where to begin

Thank you nikkiroc… Please let me know if its not dark umber that you use for brows. No rush. Lainey has a way to go before I need to worry about eyebrows. :thumbsup:

1 Like

Oh!!! It’s def. dark umber!!! Make sure you get the prisma sharpener to keep your point sharp!:heart:

Awesome! Thanks for telling me about the Prisma sharpener!!

1 Like

Jackie, with the NuWave there is no need to pre-heat. That’s one of the wonderful benefits of it! As far as the blue is concerned, I think it will be fine by the time you add all your other layers on.

3 Likes

Jackie, your baby is looking great. I do use a NuWave and there is NO need to preheat it. I set mine on PL7 cook time 8 and start. Perfect. Sometimes I watch how it goes on my temp but usually that’s it. If you are only baking 1 part watch the temp it could go up quickly and then you may not have to bake as long. You will get to know you oven. They are wonderful. I agree with Amy, your blue may look better as you add more colors on. If not, check your color wheel and see what color is directly across from the blue and use that to neutralize the blue a little. Always use thin layers. Hope this helps you a little.

2 Likes

Amy and Lynn… I appreciate your help! I’m so happy to know that I don’t have to pre-heat the NuWave! Thanks also for helping me figure out what to do about the blue above the eyebrows. Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! Ok now I’m off to work on Lainey for a while!!

2 Likes

Yea!! Happy baking! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just wanted to post a picture of my Lainey sculpt and say I am having so much fun working on her and seeing her morph from a blank kit to more and more to looking like a baby with each layer I apply. I’m happy with her skin color right now but wonder if I should put one more coat on her. Any suggestions would be appreciated! If I don’t do another coat of GHSP I’ll be moving on to mottling! I want to thank all everyone who has helped me. I couldn’t have gotten this far without you! I know I still have a long way to go to completion…any ideas for future work on her will be very much appreciated!! This group has been a blessing! Thank you for all of your patience and help!! I can’t wait until I get knowledgeable enough to be able to help a new comer her to start her reborning journey! I am so addicted already! I just ordered the Rose sculpt that is on sale here on BB and I pre-ordered the Mina Torquati “Aquinnah” sculpt due to arrive in Sept. I still have the Celeste kit that I bought last month to do but think I’ll either sell her or save her until I get better at reborning.

I wasn’t able to load the picture of Lainey, Its telling me that the picture is too large. Does anyone know how I can make the picture smaller? Thank you in advance

1 Like

JackieJo, this site offers free re-sizing, among other things.

https://www.ribbet.com/app/?edit_photo#/home/welcome

1 Like

Jackie, we are all glad to help in any way we can. I am so happy for you that you are getting along so well with your first baby. Sounds very much like you have Kititis already, good luck keeping that under control. It can get away from you so quickly. Can’t wait to see you baby all finished,

3 Likes