Glue for hair bows?

I really can’t be trusted with most things… glue guns included. I’m sure I’ll burn myself , then I’ll come here and cry about it. :joy:

4 Likes

Haha!!!

I use mine alot for bows too…and headbands…I just have one of the tiny ones…but it does have a trigger…

And I have never…ever
…used it without burning myself…
My husband will hear me muttering and screeching and he says
…you know…even after a while …a monkey learns…

But you??? Nope. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

There are paper cups too! And paper bowls! LOL

2 Likes

Definitely get a small one. The big ones are hard to manage for small things.

2 Likes

…and disposable silverware.

2 Likes

I use my hot glue gun for everything… and burn my fingers every single time. :grin:

3 Likes

Haha!!! My world has expanded!!!

2 Likes

I have a little one somewhere… I bought it to make a wreath and u til now forgot I wanted to make a wreath. Probably because I lost the new glue gun. I’ll find it… it’s gotta be around here somewhere! Maybe I put it with the tools. :joy:

1 Like

You can just use any piece of cardboard or boxboard, that’s what I use. Just grab something from recycling and you’re good to go.

1 Like

Well… that makes sense! An amazon box! I have those!!!

2 Likes

Everybody’s got those! Almost everybody, anyway.

3 Likes

I’m going to make some bows for my new reborn girl (She’s supposed to be here on Monday!!!:smiley:) but I’m going to sew the bow together in the middle and use a toothpick with E-6000 on it to put on the magnet. It’ll never come off using the E6000, it’s less messy than hot glue, and won’t possibly pull apart like things do with hot gun glue. Just my 2 cents.

Oh, boy. Pressing fabric into glue blob is such a classic way to get burns. :smile: I think one of the first hot glue projects for me back in the day was a weird country looking trend of making mop dolls out of, of all things, mop heads. The replacement string mops that were separate from handles. You fashioned a doll body out of them. Idk why. We’d buy brand new mop heads to make these so they weren’t gross. Then you’d have to hot glue a homemade stuffed fabric head into the body… Attach hair of some sort on. More hot glue… I made several and sold them. They turned out cute in the end. But so strange. :smile:

3 Likes

The clothes were glued on as well. Lots of calico and scraps of lace with ribbons and bows.

3 Likes

I remember mop dolls. I used to make them but the heads on mine were part of the mop, tied at the neck.

3 Likes

At least your mop heads made their own heads! My mop heads just made something that was missing a head. :smile:

3 Likes

Mine also had a row of knots up and down the body, then arms were trimmed, braided and tied. The legs were just a bunch of strings separated and tied into two hunks. Ends were trimmed to look less neater and less creepy. Still, that’s a lot of fingers and toes. Lol

3 Likes

Mine didn’t have legs. Some of the strings were separated for arms, then the rest of that section was tied to make a waist, and the rest of the strings were left loose like a skirt. The arms were joined in the center and a small bouquet of silk flowers attached. Boy, that was a long time ago. I don’t remember the hair or face but I know they had them. They were cute as a hanging wall or door decoration.

4 Likes

I didn’t tie the arms together in the front, but they looked cute sitting with their hands in their lap. Mine all wore dresses and aprons. They had painted eyes and cheeks, no other features… some had doll hair, and one had purple and pink yarn hair.
Yes, that was a long time ago. In the nineties for me.
Green Day at Woodstock time period. That’s 1994? I couldn’t attend but thought it was eventful. Lol

2 Likes