Fairy Kits

I don’t know what happened but I am suddenly in love with fairy kits. How does everyone else feel about them? Have any to share? I still haven’t even ordered the paint for my first kit but I’m here adding various fairy kits to my carts on Irresistables and MacPhersons. It’s too bad some of my favorites so far have been Violet Fairy and Whisper Clymer, I don’t think I’m ever going to get ahold of them.

3 Likes

I don’t like any of them but I also don’t like any alternative babies. I appreciate the art that goes into them though.
Good luck resisting them all :rofl: the only thing keeping me from buying every kit I like is the fact that I actually have no money lol

2 Likes

Same here, girl. It’s a small treat to myself out of my tax return. Personally, I’m not a fan of alternative babies either, but the ones I see painted like normal babies and then with the little pointed ears, my inner fantasy geek just goes nuts. I also just realized that I could actually take a fairy baby out into the world when I go to Ren faires this summer! OMG!

2 Likes

Have fun! That sounds really cool too!
I like fantasy stuff but for some reason I just dislike the fantasy dolls, even the ones painted human are weird to me. A lot of them have cute faces and would be cute without the fairy ears lol

1 Like

Hehe, here I am looking at kits and wishing that more of them had pointy ears. Just found Karola Wegerich’s Ira Elf kit, ugh, why must it be sold out?!

1 Like

I love them, but would rather paint one to look Alternative than have someone already do them for me. My favorites have been Jasper and Clover. They look normal but have pointed ears!

2 Likes

I don’t like any fantasy or alternative dolls.

1 Like

I LOVE THEM!!! I have Zodi, Clover, and Jasper. Still plenty more I would love to have!! Also still haven’t touched any of them lol. I don’t feel like I’m quite ready to paint any of my favorites. But I love, love, LOVE the fairies!! :blush:

Oh, and you can always add fairy ears to any kit. :wink:

2 Likes

How does one add fairy ears to normal kits?! Tell me more!!!

1 Like

Here’s one way :grin:

I’ve seen people do it, just not brave enough to try it myself yet lol
Plus, once I figure it out and IF I’m any good @ it… ALL my kits would have fairy ears!!! :joy:

4 Likes

I am painting my first fairy as we speak - Twinkle. I just wish they would be a little bit bigger, approx. 16-18", but I guess that would defeat an image of fairy :grin:. I cannot define my feelings toward this 11" fairy yet. May be b/c I thought of her as a girl, but profile and feet clearly shows that it’s a boy. So the whole idea of the girls fairy outfits are out of the window. I also relate better to the opened eyes ones. I would be glad to get Flynn. I fell in love with @RebornsbyZebra April’s Flynn.
I thought about adding pointy ears to the regular kit, maybe I should try that. My fear would be that they will fell off. Someone posted a note recently how to do that, but I didn’t bookmarked it.

5 Likes

Ha-ha! While I was typing @hyelah1990 already posted those instructions! Thank you so much!

2 Likes

I would love to see more larger kits with pointy ears! They could be elves! Right now I’m thinking I will do RenFaire this year as an elf and take a baby elf with me!

2 Likes

I absolutely Love fairies too. I have some waiting away in my to stash to began working on someday, lol. I did began Two Jasper kits for me and my sissy but lost motivation and put them to the side. I was just pulling them out to see if I felt like continuing them. The problem is I have alternative limbs for one and do not really like them, they look a bit skinny. I may try to find a set of cupcake limbs to use instead.

2 Likes

By the way, look at Adries fairies, they are adorable and larger. I have a set of those tucked away too. Venera Elf is bigger too and she is on sale at irresistables. And guess what, she is waiting in my stash too. I am too pitiful, lol

1 Like

The only downside of all this is that any alternative kit is very expensive.

I LOVE them!! Wish B.B. kept Clover and jasper in stock.

4 Likes

No problem at all!! :grin: hopefully someone (braver than me) will try it out lol

Who’s limbs do you have with the one Jasper?

Max has cute limbs that should work.

I just looked them up, oh my goodness, Clover is adorable. I think I’m going to have to try @hyelah1990’s ear sculpting thing because all my favorite larger pointy-eared kits are SOLE. I just found a Violet Clymer on eBay, the seller wants $350 for it, ha, not gonna happen!

3 Likes