Drying rack ideas for bigger kits?

The bottle drying rack would be perfect for micro preemies. My other racks are too big.

2 Likes

Yes, I did put her on it but only her and spaced the parts out more on it.

3 Likes

I found some vertical paper towel racks at Goodwill and use them for larger pieces. They are sturdy and don’t tip over. I mostly use them for heads but the larger limbs work fine on them too. You might be able to find some over the door hooks or wall hooks there as well.

4 Likes

I use a workbench with a peg board, the hooks hold all sizes of kits except for toddler kits. For toddler kits I have a coat tree.

10 Likes

That’s a really good idea! I wonder what your neighbors think about all those little body parts strung up on a rack like that. lol

7 Likes

I “borrowed” long pegs from work for my pegboard. :rofl:
I taped felt to the ends so it doesn’t scratch the vinyl. I also use a plate rack and a bottle rack.

7 Likes

Haha, yes, I did warn my neighbors about the doll parts:) This window no neighbors are able to see through, but I do have neighbors that can see me taking doll parts outside to bake. I warned them that I make reborn dolls that need an oven to cure the paint, they were very kind and understanding about it:)

2 Likes

Haha! I was just thinking about this last night. I have a glowing oven on my porch with baby parts inside. I guess it fits in with my Halloween decorations.

5 Likes

I put on a witch hat and sat in our front bay window (where my painting table is already) and painted baby parts last Halloween. There were some scared kiddos on the way to our porch for candy that turned and ran! LOL

15 Likes

a friend made one that the dowels can unscrew so I can store it in a drawer.some dowels are short and some other dowels are longer

3 Likes

That’s pretty funny!

2 Likes

Ooooh. You are wicked!

2 Likes

:rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

2 Likes

Love that idea! Never heard of mitt dryer before, but of course I live in GA where no mittens required.

5 Likes

That is so funny!

2 Likes

I had to warn mine too as I’m on my back patio in a nightgown, slippers and carrying a rack of baby limbs in and out at all hours!

4 Likes

Lol!

2 Likes

I have to sometimes check to see that my bra is on! Sad but true. :joy:

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m almost always wearing my artist clothes when I’m baking outside. Sweatpants and a t-shirt:)

2 Likes

That’s more presentable than my old nightgowns and moomoos! :rofl:

3 Likes