Drying rack ideas for bigger kits?

Okay I need some help how to hang or dry bigger kits. If one of these 7 month June limbs fall on the floor one more time I’m going to lose my mind. :joy:

3 Likes

I have this temporarily rigged up but it’s annoying. :crazy_face:

5 Likes

@Sarabeth a baby bottle drying rack works well. My husband made this for me. I have one has 3 dowels. The other one has 2 dowels but you can make them to fit what you need.

5 Likes

I have two store bought bottle racks that work fine for newborn kits but these big kits are big and heavy.

I like your dowel setup! I need to be able to do it myself because my husband doesn’t do stuff like that. :expressionless:

2 Likes

I saw somewhere someone had metal hangers above her work station and I thought that was so cool.

Did your husband just drill holes and put the dowels in the holes? I bet being wood it’s nice and sturdy

2 Likes

That is all he did drilled holes. One thing also we repurposed wooden broom handles. Just drill exact size hole for broom handle or dowels. We didn’t even have to glue them in but you can get wood glue if you want them to be permanent. I like the fact that I can pull them out if I need to. If the ends of the wood is rough just a little sanding will do the trick. It held up Joe just fine.

3 Likes

I use these …they are intended (flipped over) to increase space in your cupboards for plates, etc. I have five of them, and they are very sturdy

12 Likes

I have a smaller version like that from the $ store.
I got the idea from @anjsmiles

2 Likes

I have seen some people use a wall rack for cups I think…
Bean Shanine (Twisted bean stock) hangs her wips on one.

3 Likes

You also can use sturdy overdoor hanger with multiple hooks.
But I like what Carla @Mommarobin uses the best.

3 Likes

I reuse plastic 1liter bottles. I put small rocks from the dollar store in them and a wooden dowel that I bought in a pack at Wal-Mart. I also roll up a piece of paper towel and wrap it around the dowel to hold it in place. They work great for all sizes of kits and I can make more if needed. I use them for toddlers with no issue. Here is a picture of it.

13 Likes

That’s very creative. It looks sturdy and I think I have everything here to make a few.

2 Likes

Thanks. It is and it’s a space saver as well.

1 Like

I got my husband to make me a rack with dowels and I also have three of these mitt dryers that go over heating vents. I prefer the mitt dryers over the dowel rack, it even holds two kits if need be.

8 Likes

Yes, I glued some foam on the end of the dowels to protect the parts from the end of the dowel. I like the mitt dryer because of the tapered posts. Any size part fits on it and just slides down as far as the hole in the part lets it and then it sits steady without flopping around even if I pick up the rack and move it.

7 Likes

I made my own rack. I bought the board at Hobby Lobby, I looked in different areas of store until I found the cheapest. They also have the dowels. I already had an electric drill, did have to buy a new big drill thingy. An Ace salesman helped me with the right size drill. Small hardware store seems more helpful than Lowes. It was very easy. I put helmets glue in the drilled whole, but probably wasn’t necessary. I suspect Ace would have had everything I needed, but no coupons.

2 Likes

I use a wire wine glass drying rack. It will hold up to 3 kits. I have 2 of these.

I got them here Wire 3-Tier Glass Drying Rack | World Market

12 Likes

I use the same rack that Angie does.

2 Likes

Wow that holds a ton. Does it hold bigger kits like 7m June okay?

2 Likes

The largest kit I’ve used on mine was Evelyn Brace.

2 Likes