Dolls, Reborns and collectable babies

5 Likes

2 Likes

Awesome job on the cat LOL

1 Like

Your cat likes dolls, too! :smile:

Starr, the original owner bought her from the Home Shopping Network (HSN) for $70. I paid $6 at a yard sale. She was literally a “steal”. I might add that I LOVE the decor in your room!! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I was a big time tomboy as a child and rarely
Played with dolls. About the time I was 10 or so my mom had gotten me a couple of really cheap porcelain dolls. After that the CPK’s started and I eventually had about 10. My mother bought me porcelain dolls often. I had several Ashton Drakes by the time I was 19. I eventually sold them all but kept two that my ex husband bought for me from a local doll maker in Arkansas. One is a Boots Tyner “sugar britches” sleeping porcelain. And I can’t even remember the name of the other one. But they are still displayed in the bedroom. And I kept my applause Little Orphan Annie porcelain.

I heard about reborns a few years ago and wanted to have somebody make me a custom in memory of my son. I stewed on it but never did act on it. I finally started looking into it last year and decided I could try this and make my own. So I did. And now I have a terrible addiction lol

4 Likes

Hi to all, These are some of my dolls, some of the outfits shown here, some of the the dresses are made by me and that one in the basket is a nod kit form BB I order two more dolls one kit is the Lexi and another one from another source, both are in working progress, as soon as I get them I will be taking pictures of them, thank you so much for your positive responses

I hope you like this collection of dolls

1 Like

You girls have nice dolls also

1 Like

2 Likes

I, too, have always loved dolls and babies. I was 12 when I received the last doll my mom bought for me. It was a Toodles drink and wet baby doll with rooted curly saran hair (anybody remember that?) and was jointed at the elbows and knees. I wanted that doll SO bad. It was $19.95, which was a lot of money for a doll at that time and my parents had 4 kids to buy for. She tried to talk me out of it because it was expensive and because, being 12, she thought I’d lose interest quickly. I told her I didn’t care if I didn’t get anything else for Christmas. I got the doll (and it wasn’t the only thing I got). I didn’t lose interest in that doll. 57 years later, my mom is no longer with me but I still have that doll and I think of her every time I see it. I also still have the rest of my childhood dolls-Barbie’s, Ken, Tiny Tears, miscellaneous play dolls Ashton Drake porcelains, some unfamous porcelains and, of course, my four reborned keepers.

3 Likes

Love the tiny dolls and the giant cat! LOL

1 Like

I have also loved dolls all kinds , I still have my 1960’s and up Barbie dolls, ( red head skipper, Francis Barbie and so on) they stay packed up in their Barbie case. I have collected dolls before I knew what collecting is lol, started out making ceramic moved on to porcelains then reborns, love my babies!

I have also loved dolls all kinds , I still have my 1960’s and up Barbie dolls, ( red head skipper, Francis Barbie and so on) they stay packed up in their Barbie case. I have collected dolls before I knew what collecting is lol, started out making ceramic moved on to porcelains then reborns, love my babies!

1 Like

Here are the 3 babies that I kept. All of which are 20 to 30 years old.

3 Likes

Me too dolls and babies, and old folks too

2 Likes

Actually that cat in reality is very small she can pass as a 6 or 7 months cat, she is smaller then the other cats she is three years old

1 Like

colee 1970 is that a Sugar Britches Baby? I have one, too. I fell in love with her as soon as I saw her. She was the first doll I weighted and assembled. I still have her but had to put vinyl hands on her because one hand got stepped on and was beyond repair.

Yes you are right that is definitely a 'sugar britches". I use to do porcelain dolls and there was a huge doll show every year in Anaheim,CA across the street from Disneyland at the convention center. People came from everywhere to buy dolls, see new molds, buy supplies and just drool over everything you couldn’t afford. That show was put on by Bohler and was there for years during the time porcelain dolls were so popular. One year this little doll showed up with her creator Boots Tyner and you guessed it, " Sugar Britches". She was weighted and had a floppy body and everyone was completely captivated !! :Then the doll market dropped off and they moved it to Pomona, CA and I didn’t want to drive that far any more. By that time it had become a Doll, Teddy Bear and Ceramics show, the attraction to the whole doll thing was diminishing at that point. Too bad cause it was so much fun, To this day I have many porcelain doll molds of which “Sugar Britches” is one. Sorry for all this info you probably didn’t want anyway.

P.S. by the way, I have always had dolls and still do, I love my babies the best.

2 Likes

Not TMI. I like hearing how other people acquired their dolls. I love my babies the best, too.

YES she is a sugar britches! Thanks so much for all the wonderful info!