Dolls, Reborns and collectable babies

Hi everyone, I will like to talk to all of you how will be interested in talking about dolls in general, after all we all like dolls of some kind

6 Likes

I’d talk about dolls all day if anyone would be willing to listen! :smile:

Before moving from Nebraska to Florida 3 yrs. ago I had a HUGE doll collection…over 200, in fact. I donated, gave away, and sold the major share of them, though since downsizing was inevitable moving from a big house to a townhouse. I find since I have moved that I am really not all that interested in collecting anymore. Not sure why…space, I guess. But I collected Himstedt, Middleton, HSN dolls, QVC/Marie Osmond dolls…you name it, I either had it or still have it. :smile:

In the early 80’s I started making soft sculpture Cabbage Patch-type dolls, then I morphed into designing and making teddy bears, scarecrows, and those big dressed bunnies people used to make and sell at craft shows in the mall. I even made a dressed COW once…LOL…she was soooo, so CUTE, but one was enough! I also like to paint and make quilts.

I got into reborning in 2002 and I finally figured out WHY ~ because I love shopping for baby clothes! LOL

So yes, if the subject is DOLLS, I’m happy to talk any time! :smiley: Tell us about your collection; we’d love to hear!

4 Likes

Like Karen, I started as as collector when I was 18 years old mostly because I have always loved dolls…I collected porcelain first…Ashton Drake, Franklin Mint, Chirstine Orange and others, then started adding Artist Vinyls like Himstedt and Helen Kish, etc and OOAK clay sculpt. I had rooms full of them but when I moved back to Australia I had to sell off most of them…I started collecting reborn dolls in 2006 and had literally hundreds of them from artist like Selena Saxon of S’real, and just about every reborn artist in Australia during those 3 years…Then in 2009 I started reborning myself. I rarely ever keep any of my own dolls and have sold off a lot of the earlier dolls I had purchased as my taste changed and probably became more discriminating after a while…I do still occasionally purchase a baby from other artist but prefer either OOAK clay creations or Ltd Ed silicone dolls…I have always loved babies and dolls and suppose I always will.

4 Likes

I love babies and baby dolls! I, too, used to make soft-sculpture dolls in the early '80’s. I went to a doll show a few months ago and came home with 2 ceramic babies. I bought an adorable ceramic toddler at a yard sale, recently. I love my babies! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Oh Amy!!! Can you post a pic of the toddler!!!?

Here’s the toddler. (She’s porcelain not ceramic.) She’s Jade by Christine Orange.

Here’s the two I bought at the doll show:

I forgot about this one I found at a yard sale:

3 Likes

Same here! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I love christine orange…I use to have about 7 of her dolls in my collection…I never had this one though…she is so cute…

Here is one of mine over in the chair in my bedroom - one I use to have I should say…sold her before I left the USA in 2006…(I will have to go see if I can find a better picture of her and some of my others…most of the pics I had of mine are in actual photo form in a box in my sons storage building…lol) will post another photo

6 Likes

You most definitely came to the right place if you want to talk dolls. Like most I started out collecting porcelain dolls, then went to vinyl specifically Robert Tonner fashion dolls I still have these. I started reborning about a year ago but have only made 8 dolls so far. There is always a lot going on in my house since I have adopted 2 of my grandkids and taken custody of 1 and then my oldest daughter and 10 year old grandaughter live with us, so reborning gives me some peace​:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

I wish I could decorate like that! I design my house by the use of Pinterest! Lol I guess I have wonky taste… Nothing ever matches. It suits me tho! Lol AMY! I LOVE THAT TODDLER!!! She is the coolest!!!

1 Like

Ok disregard the previous photo…here is a better one of her…lol

Amy, do you mind me asking what you paid for her? Just interested to know…she is sooooooo pretty

6 Likes

Ha…you are so funny…I just do what I like in my own home…I was an interior designer for about 5 years and you always have to do other peoples houses…and they always have their own taste but it is fun spending their money shopping for home decor though…I really don’t do any sort of design in my own home …just things I like and I mix old (love antique furniture, etc) and new and whatever I see that I want…lol but thanks for the compliment…I was trying to show a Christine Orange doll over in the corner chair cause Amy’s found one too…I love them…They are really beautiful and big…The one in the photo above was 42 inches if I remember correct.

2 Likes

I just looked eBay has her for 89.00!!! That’s amazing!!!

I would love to display her like you did yours!!! Poppy is gorgeous too! Thank you for introducing me to these Amy!!!

1 Like

Hi, to all of you, yes I am glad to find people that like dolls as much as I do and not only one kind of them is nice of all of your for your responses ,than you so much,

l be

2 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

Thanks Nikki, I will go have a look… :smile:

1 Like

Thanks Nikki, I will go have a look… :smile:

You can use my address if they won’t ship to OZ! :smiley::heart:️:smiley::heart:️

1 Like