Becoming a good reborn artist

Thank you x

1 Like

Hi everyone, Can I ask for some more advice from you lovely ladies? I’ve added some blushing now. Do you think it’s enough or should I add more blushing?

5 Likes

I think it’s enough. It looks good.

1 Like

Thank you, I’m quite happy with how she has turned out. Now to decide on her hair colour lol, blonde or brown x

1 Like

She looks amazing!!! All those undertones really added a ton of depth! Good job :two_hearts::two_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you so much, if it wasn’t for all you lovely ladies on here she would never look as good as she does now xx

3 Likes

What kit is this? She’s so cute! If you have eyes for her pop them in and it might help you decide on hair…

3 Likes

Thank you, She is Lola from Phil Donnelly. Great tip about putting the eyes in. Will have a look and see what I have xx

2 Likes

Wow, she’s looking gorgeous! :heart::heart:

2 Likes

Thank you x

I have been painting about three years.

I like challenging myself with kits I don’t like, trying new things, playing with color.

If you are just doing it for you, for fun, and it is still fun don’t worry about it, just keep painting if it makes you happy.

I am an artist and freelance, I like the freedom and the fun I have painting babies, I don’t have deadlines, I am not trying to please anyone, I am just making babies I like.

![IMG_7337|666x500](upload://y2

eFVIvPwlheI73Zj6CStMOEINF.jpeg)

20 Likes

That top pic, Rosalie? Just looks so real. Is that combi hair? It’s flawless. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Little Lola is all finished, by no means perfect but I’m happy with her. Thank you to everyone for all your help. I can definitely see a difference in her to my other babies, the shading etc really added to her realusm. It’s night time here therefore lighting is not good. Will try and get better pics tomorrow. What do you all think? I decided to leave her bald xx

8 Likes

A few more pictures taken outside in better lighting x

5 Likes

You did a great job!!! Who will you paint next?

2 Likes

Thank you, I’m not sure I have Aoife from Phil Donnely, Sweetie, Libby, Hedi, and Sweet Pea. Mostly older kits. I would love to get Rosalie :heart: or Levi x

I’m still waiting for my Rosalie!!! She is just the cutest! You can buy her on the 3 easy pay on macp’s… by the time you finish paying, she should be in stock! :heart::grinning:

2 Likes

She certainly is I’m in love with her sculpt. Oh I will take a look thank you. Is Mcphersons in Canada? I’m in the UK x

Agreed - perfection and so very lovable

2 Likes

I’ve been painting dolls since before there were sculpts to buy. I’ve walked away from it off and on but always find my way back. I think the only thing that matters is that little voice in your heart that makes you NEED to paint. If it’s there, keep painting! Your skills will progress. There’s a lot of nonsense out there about taking a class or a tutorial and achieving instant success. Reborning has become the latest “get rich quick” scheme. In reality, it takes years of practice and learning. Your dolls are lovely and you’re continuing to grow as an artist and that’s what matters. If you love it and your growing as an artist and a person, then you’re exactly where you need to be. Art is like life: a journey, not a destination. :heart:

11 Likes