BB prototype artists, contests?

Yeah I can see that too, kinda like the kit reviews where people comment how disappointed they were to get a bunch of raw parts :thinking:

I do wish kits included an introductory set of instructions for beginners and I don’t mean the downloadable paint by number thing BB offers. More of heating instructions and assembly instructions

I had the worst time tying on one of the older string bodies because I couldn’t figure out if the back was supposed to be curved and body had a pot belly or if if it had a bubble butt… were the arms supposed to be set back or close together? (The strings tie in the opposite area of where I think they should giving the baby a curved back and the arms set close together in the front kwim?). Can you see my confusion? I still have no idea :flushed:

But backing up here newbies do need references and jumping off points. I’d love to see some prototypes painted in each style one airdry one ghsp and one kit painted with the starter kit B.B. sells. Some dolls have several versions in their gallery so hey why not?

I will say (other than that I talk a lot lol) that one of the reasons I love @bountifulbaby so much is THIS right here. This amazing community forum that is so helpful, welcoming and generous with such an amazing talent pool it blows me away! (Sometimes I get a little star struck when ya’ll talk to lil ol me :star_struck:)

The other reasons are of course the amazing sales and the absolute amazing quality and variety of kits available! And super fast shipping. Which sometimes is to fast because I forget to add a $3 jar of paint and can’t go back :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Booooooo

Although with all the drama going on you’d think they’d expand their pool especially to loyal customers :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

That is so amazing! Where is it?

LOL, we had that discussion here before. Those bodies are weird, but for you to know - neck tie on a body is always on a back. It makes their arm go so far back, but it is what it is. I wish BB will retire them and replace them wit a new bodies (I ask about that before).

1 Like

Thanks soooo much!!!

It’s so hard to tell what I’m ordering by the pictures :disappointed:

1 Like

Those bodies are so disproportionate. I don’t use them. After all my hard work, I don’t want my babies to look like barrel chested linebackers doing bust exercises and whose clothes don’t fit.

8 Likes

LOL, exactly! But when you new you trust what is ‘recommended’ and then you learn :wink:

3 Likes

Not as quickly as I should! Lol

http://pictures.bountifulbaby.com/maisie/maisie.html

We should start with this one :heart_eyes:. There are some beautiful babies in the reviews but the prototype images aside from being kinda too close for comfort are hard to see the details of the kit.

4 Likes

It would be fun to have a little “contest” of our own! all getting the same kit and creating it in which we see fit and showing them off when we are all done!

4 Likes

I’m SURE someone could paint a prettier baby than this!

4 Likes

Let’s do it!! Pick a baby that’s on sale now :slight_smile:

They tried to make is as womb around that baby and the first minutes of birth.

What tickles me all the time : why Emma smells her hands

and what this poor Liam was put through to be so bruised

4 Likes

I would like to add my 2c to the suggested rule: No retouched/ enhanced photography (no offence to all professional photographers here).

2 Likes

@Reborndaddyog I’m in just let us know.
@Sony72 that is how I am doing the Parade. It is not a contest just a parade so that I can post all of the pics without the comments. The comments will be below all of the Halloween Parade Babies! I am ok with however it is done though!
@YelenaRey I love that Liam one of the best to me! :grin:
@Mommarobin @PhotographyForLife same thing about the baby you posted, I love her too!

2 Likes

Though I have heard this, I cannot follow the rule about the neck tie in the back. The bodies with strings and 3/4 limbs I have bought have been assembled with the tie in the front. I tried to put it in the back on rosebud and her dress sleeves would not even go on properly. What a strangely built body.

2 Likes

@Sony72 @Reborndaddyog I agree with you! But if this will be for realistic babies you should state that too! I know I am in the minority for the babies that I like and am ok with that. :relaxed::see_no_evil::smile:

I love that version of her, she looks so freshly born! Newborns are my favorite though, I know other people to have different preferences:)

I guess contest is not what I meant, I think it would just be really cool to have a bunch of people reborn the same kit and show off our own unique styles, not to judge just to admire :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I think it would be fun. But I wouldn’t be able to join in October for sure cause $ tight cause bills extra $300 and two sets of car tabs due next month

1 Like