BB prototype artists, contests?

How does BB @bountifulbaby find their prototype artists? I’d love to see them showcase some of the talented artists here. Have they ever done a contest? I’ve seen alot of the same artists on different websites. I hate to say I felt a twinge of sadness because I thought they were BB exclusive artists idk why. My naïveté on how big the community really is (beyond our amazing small tight knit family here)

For example… I wanted Reese from the moment I saw this version of him.

@Asiancupcakes
Wasn’t the prototypes but a customer uploaded review with her amazing version of him that sold me.
Even my husband said it was the best painted baby he’d seen yet… and trust me the man has been subjected to ALOT of doll images lately.

Maybe a few ‘local’ artists could do updated prototypes of some of the older kits? You know the ones I’m talking about… the ones that have like three images and only two reviews but the kits look nice enough. I hear we have a resident artist who does amazing things with the older kits. I’m sorry I cant remember her name but YOU ALL KNOW who I’m referring to :heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Just saying I think there are some stars waiting to be discovered right here. I am dying to tag my favs but I don’t know all of your names and haven’t seen all of your art so that wouldn’t be fair.

I would love to see BB host a contest both here… and on their website. I got the idea from @PaperCityDolls Tammy’s giveaway and seeing her amazing work and humble heart. I would LOVE to see what she could do with her air dry paints on a new BB kit

and tell me, why doesn’t BB list supplies used in prototype kits so people like me can buy them to recreate the look? They show related eyes and bodies but not paints…

I know I know… its because artists use different mediums, products etc but imagine if they supplied exclusive artists with supplies and then they COULD know what they used.

sorry I used to be on a design team for scrapbooking years ago and we had to list everything we used and where we got it so people who wanted to try and recreate something had an idea where to start. Not to say there weren’t things we made ourselves or found in our stash etc but we did what we could to encourage others and promote the art.

just thinking out loud…

9 Likes

That’s a gorgeous version!!

I would love it so much if B.B. would give us a Prototype contest. It would be the funnest thing ever!

6 Likes

I agree, there are MANY talented artists on this forum. I think a contest to UPDATE old kits listings would be so fun and help sell older kits like Morgan etc

11 Likes

I thought I heard that if you won the Realborn contest at ROSE you get a prototype opportunity? Can someone who knows confirm or clarify that?

1 Like

I am not 100% sure myself but I know that @joyce_angel1 has won the realborn category before

1 Like

I agree. How about it, @BB?

1 Like

Well thats not fair to those who can’t go to Rose :roll_eyes::sleepy::dizzy_face:

2 Likes

I love Morgan! I want to see a family of Morgan Shyann and Riley

4 Likes

I don’t actually know if that is true, it’s just something I thought I remembered hearing, I’ve never read anything official.

2 Likes

Um. Every time I paint I mix my own and sort of just go with my instincts. I couldn’t tell you exactly the colors if I tried.

And newbies would be pissed if they bought all the paint and didn’t end up with a baby like the photo of another artist.

Too much room for…a shitstorm. Lol.

Other than that. I agree. Lol

3 Likes

Yes ! When I won back in 2015 I had the opportunity to do a prototype which I did :slight_smile:
I am not sure if it is the same though

4 Likes

That would be so fun! They should do that sometime.

1 Like

I’ve messaged them about it because it’s my absolute dream to create a prototype too! But they informed me they do not have contest and they like to stick to their normal artists :frowning:

5 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow::worried::frowning_face:

I think prototype photos on BB site desperately need updates.

8 Likes

You can Google reborn prototype contests and find some to enter. I’ve done two. I didn’t win but it was really fun. @Estelle85 won a prototype contest.

2 Likes

BB should support their loyal artists by using their photos. I get tired of seeing work by the same old proto artists. Same looks on every doll. Shake it up a bit and support your loyal artists. It’s kind of BS that they don’t have everyone who wants to send In Pics and pick the best without looking at the names. I never look at bb kit photos, I google and see my possibilities
instead of the same old thing.
( I’m not saying the dolls are not awesome… but come on!) Variety is the spice of life! Come on BB SUPORT YOUR ARTISTS! :grinning:

12 Likes

Oh my gosh! That would be so fun!! I LOVE this idea<3 and thank you so much for being so encouraging!! There are some wildly talented ladies here and I think it would be a blast!

5 Likes

Yes! But you know that they won’t. It’s been the same thing for years and years and years.

3 Likes

I think you’re work has to sell for a LOT of money in order to qualify. After all, it’s all about selling the kits.

2 Likes