BB Forum Baby Pageant Reminder - please read

Just a reminder - -

Now through March 20th, we accepting entries for the March BB Forum Monthly Baby Pageant. All babies entered must be of a BB sculpt and not seen before at any stage in their creation on this forum or any other. Please do not wait until March 20th to submit your entry as there is quite a bit of work that we need to do to put up the poll. The rules for the contest and all of the related information is below and will be reposted every month. The quantity and type of pictures needed are also described in the information below. We can’t wait to see your babies!

Someone asked about how to know which category you should enter. Clearly, if you just started reborning - then you are a NOVICE. However, there are some new reborners that have a natural talent and whose babies are amazing - maybe you should consider entering in the ADVANCED category after your first win as a novice. At the same time, you may have been reborning for 2 or more years but only make 1 - 4 babies a year, then you might still be in the NOVICE category. We hope that you are able to choose for yourself which category best describes your ability.

══(¯•.¸.•°*°•. ✿ .•°*°•.¸.•´¯¯•.¸.•°°•. ✿ .•°°•.¸.•´¯¯•.¸.•°*°•. ✿ .•°*°•.¸•´¯¯•.¸.•°°•. ✿ .•°°•.¸.•´¯)════

The Monthly Baby Pageant (MBP) is not sponsored by BB but instead, by several long-term members of this wonderful forum. BB’s only role is that of providing the platform on which we can learn from each other and encourage others to push the boundaries of their art. We firmly believe that competition is an incentive to each of us to do our best and improve our reborning skills and as such, have created this pageant to push the artist in each of us. Any and all concerns should be directed to the pageant hosts and not to Bountiful Baby. Good luck!

All active BB Forum members are encouraged to vote once for the baby who BEST fits all the following criteria:
… • Overall presentation: including outfit, posing, props, photography and theme
… • Painting - including nails, creases, lips, skin tones and mottling, if done
… • Hair: rooting, painted/rooted or bald if appropriate for the sculpt and overall look of the baby.

Monthly, the best over-all Baby Pageant winner will be announced and a logo will be sent to the winning Artist on the 1st of the following month which is the start of the next pageant’s month. The logo will be the same each month with an outside border depicting that month’s theme (for example: shamrocks for the March “Wee L’il Ones / Luck o’ the Irish” competition).

Here are the MBP rules:

• Only Active Forum Members can participate in the pageant (entering a baby).
    … • Minimum posts: 150, of which at least 50 must be recent
    … • Must be currently posting at least 4 times a month

• For the purpose of this pageant, all babies entered must be Bountiful Baby sculpts.

• Each baby may only enter one monthly pageant - no redressing and re-entering as another baby in a later themed month.

• All photos must be kept anonymous. This gives everyone a fair shot at winning based on the merits of their doll and their presentation skills, not popularity.

… • Please, no Work In Progress (WIP) pictures are to be posted on the forum of your pageant baby.
… • Anyone discovered to have shilled for votes among other members will be automatically disqualified.

• Entry babies cannot be openly posted on any forum until after voting has ended (if you are receiving help or being tutored, private pictures to that one other member is allowed - but within reason)

• Eligible dolls for pageant: A recently reborned baby, toddler, twins, triplets or more in ONE photo.

• Entries for MBP will be accepted from the 1st to the 20th of each month only. Please do not wait until the last minute to submit your photos as there is a lot that the pageant hosts need to do to prepare the poll.

• On the 21st of the month, the new poll will open for voting.

• On the last day of the month, the poll will close and the winner for that month will be announced.

• To enter the pageant, you will need 4 High Resolution clear pictures (not blurry) with no identifying marks (No Nursery or Artist Names) to include the following:

… • A close up of your baby’s face
… • Rooting
… • Nails
… • Full body presentation

• There is a theme for each month; although not mandatory that your baby adhere to the theme, it would be fun to have that uniformity across all of the babies. The themes for this year are:

… March – Wee L’il Ones / Luck o’ the Irish
… April – Easter Blessings and Bonnets
… May – Ethnic Babies Around the World
… June -– Great Apes
… July – Born in the USA
… August – Toddlers and Tiaras
… Sept – Fall and Fairies
… Oct -– Halloween/ Oh, You L’il Monster
… Nov -– Tiny Blessings
… Dec – Christmas Spirit

Please note that while you do not HAVE to follow the monthly theme, it adds to the fun and MAY help you win votes. Also, following the theme is of your own personal interpretation. For example: you may think the October theme “Oh, You L’il Monster” would be best depicted with your baby wearing a monster-themed outfit while someone else may choose to make a reborn Frankenstein or werewolf. Someone else may go in an entirely different direction and show off a badly behaving toddler! All three examples follow the theme!!!

The above information and the rules for the Monthly Baby Pageant have been developed after much discussion and consideration by the pageant hosts. Any questions and/or concerns should be directed toward one of the following:

Cher Simnitt … forum ID : Cher_Simnitt … email: whoopiecat@sbcglobal.netKim KasaKaitas … forum ID : kimomax … email: kmkmsbt@yahoo.comCarmen McNair … forum ID : mcnair6 … email: carmen@ourspecialplace.net

That’s right! Thank you for asking…

Carmen

If your reborn is posted for sale on another website, such as ebay or one of the other sites, can that reborn be entered in the contest?

I can hardly wait to participate in the baby contest, but I probably won’t be able to do March’s baby (submitted by Feb.) because of my personal time constraints.

It will be fun to pick out a new kit to start. I have some to pick from because i was buying just the vinyl while the kits were on sale – I have Gena, Gabriel, Shyann, Sienna, Trey and Honey. I almost forgot, but I have 2 Nods (male & female) tucked away too! WOW - does this make me a hoarder?! Hah!

If it does I am in really big trouble -I have over 100 kits !!!

— Begin quote from “vcarter”

If your reborn is posted for sale on another website, such as ebay or one of the other sites, can that reborn be entered in the contest?

— End quote

We did not discuss this scenario… hmmm… Cher? Kim? What are your thoughts?

— Begin quote from “New Beginnings”

Never mind, I just saw it when I posted the question!!! Guess that leaves me out, but I will enjoy watching.

— End quote

Participate lots between now and the April contest… we would love for you to take part!

Okay i am a bit confused. Looking at the monthly scheduel shouldnt the first contest be for march? I see nothing stateing for feb?

Linda, I like the idea of it just being B.B. dolls.

— Begin quote from “littlebabies480”

— End quote

I agree - BB is kind enough to allow us to have this forum, and I think it is respectful of that company to use BB kits. Just my personal feelings…

Okay i am a bit confused. Looking at the monthly scheduel shouldnt the first contest be for march? I see nothing stateing for feb?

— End quote

You are absolutely right! I was off by a month…

— Begin quote from “Ginnylee”

— End quote

I agree - BB is kind enough to allow us to have this forum, and I think it is respectful of that company to use BB kits. Just my personal feelings…

— End quote

That is exactly our reason for limiting the contest to just BB sculpts.

— Begin quote from “mcnair6”

— End quote

— End quote

Is the dead line still Feb for the March theme “luck of the Irish”? Thanks

— Begin quote from “vcarter”

— Begin quote from “mcnair6”

— End quote

— End quote

Is the dead line still Feb for the March theme “luck of the Irish”? Thanks

— End quote

No… I just went back and edited that. While I am at it, I think I will just go back to bed and start this day over - argh!

Thank you for pointing that out… hiccups of getting this off the ground and running! Please let me know if there is anything else I need to correct.

Thanks again,

Carmen

Can’t wait this is going to be lots of fun!!!

Our first contest is March. You have until the 20th of March to submit photos.

As for eBay sales— I would think it would be ok as long as it wasn’t advertised.here.

Those with lower number of posts, it doesn’t take long to add them up and ypu have a few weeks to do it.

I can’t get to a higher post # if they keep me at 44 posts. I’d like to be able to vote on all the beautiful babies. Linda

How many posts do you need to vote? I"m working on it. lol Linda

— Begin quote from “Linda M 49”

How many posts do you need to vote? I"m working on it. lol Linda

— End quote

Linda -

• Only Active Forum Members can participate in the pageant (entering a baby and voting).
    … • Minimum posts: 150, of which at least 50 must be recent
    … • Must be currently posting at least 4 times a month

You have over a month before the last day that you can submit your entry so it is still do-able (how on earth do you spell that word??? ) Stay involved and post any questions you might have.

Good luck!

Carmen

I am so glad we bumped this up -I think we all needed a bit more time !!!