Anyone seen this yet?!

Poor Bonnie. If this doesn’t get under control soon, we are going to lose the faith of our best artists :disappointed_relieved: No one should have their work stolen and capitalized on, but how disheartening to have it happen even before the originals are issued.

Not to mentioned they stole one of our member’s nursery slogan to disguise their fraud.

5 Likes

OMG this is horrible!

1 Like

Wow! This is ridiculous. :confused:

1 Like

That is awful. It’s wrong no matter what, but I feel especially bad because it’s Bonnie. She is such a sweet person. She worked so hard on this baby. Took her forever. :confounded:

2 Likes

Oh no! Do the artists get their kits produced here or do they do it in China?

2 Likes

7 Likes

So apparently, it was a misunderstanding by a dealer’s relative. The relative owns the address that the kits were shipped to and opened them without checking with the dealer. She reborned one and put it up for sale thinking that it was an already-released kit. It still doesn’t explain why she has taken the name and slogan of Stork Beak Nursery though. I mean, I think it’s BS. Any serious reborn artist is familiar with the sculpts coming out and knew this one was not released yet.

3 Likes

This lady has had Stork Beak nursery for years now… wonder which one was first… she seems to stir the pot a bit and rubs me the wrong way.

Edited to add I see things on their facebook from 2015. But most things are blocked from me due to not being on their friends list.

1 Like

Wow! What is wrong with people!

This was not an illegal copy. This was an artist whose address was used by a family member who stocks Bonnie’s kits and the artist decided she would reborn a kit without Bonnie’s permission.
The nursery slogan was also not stolen!

1 Like

So, does she think she could just decide to do a prototype uninvited?

3 Likes

I am not sure why she didn’t double check before painting it… Or at the very least not post it for sale until after the other kits are released. Bonnie ordered new bodies and is waiting on those last I heard.

2 Likes

There are at least two artists that call their nursery Stork Beak, but this one is the one with the subtitle: The Stork’s Beak. Just to clarify which one it is. This can be confusing. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

I dont know, it would seem so. Either way I have added them to my list of artists to NEVER buy a reborn from!

4 Likes

It still smells a little fishy.

I may be misunderstanding all this but the dealer has sculpts delivered to a relatives address? Why? and this relative opens up boxes and helps themselves to babies when ever they want? Then proceeds to paints and sell at will?

What?

If you are dealing wouldn’t you have a professional place to ship and keep your stock?

7 Likes

Right?! If I was a sculptor I would not use that dealer anymore.

4 Likes

I don’t for one minute believe this was a “mistake”! I would so cut ties with that dealer too!

6 Likes

Honestly I’m curious to find out what dealer this is? I’m not sure I would want to buy a kit from someone who has a random relative just opening up the boxes and going through the kits, sounds like poor quality control and a great way to potentially damage unsold kits. It’s not very professional seeming.

5 Likes

Me too. I wonder if Bonnie will release which dealer this was. I’m just glad it isn’t a copy. I see why Bonnie and other artists are concerned when making their sculpts into kits.

1 Like

I’d be done with that dealer. I’m not buying all that.

1 Like