Answer this quick! (Please, please, please)

Okay, I don’t ship out of the country but people don’t read and my poor little David Foxe has sold out of the country for the second time. This time it’s Mexico. Last time I just refunded and went about my business. This time I’m curious. Has anyone shipped to Mexico, and can you give me an approximate cost and any pertinent details that might help me make a decision on whether to go through with this sale?

2 Likes

Let me look Helen, I might have a list!

1 Like

I would stick to your policy. Some people just can’t read…

1 Like

The other one that I refunded has never been collected. It just hangs on my paypal as pending. I don’t have her money, but neither does she and I’m freaked out about that too. Anybody that can help me? I feel a little panicy and am thinking maybe I just don’t want to sell dolls anymore. This stuff scares me because I’m afraid I’m caught in some scam but can’t imagine what or how?

I don’t think so Helen… Maybe you can call PayPal and they can put something on your account that won’t let out of country funds process? I can’t find the list of fees to other countries:-( wait… How did they pay for shipping? I read that what you can do is… On reborns.com change all out of country shipping to 200.00. I bet they would read that!!! You will get less out of country bidders that wY!

1 Like

Good idea.

That’s a fine idea. I might just do that.

The other really wierd thing is that the other person I refunded says the funds were credited to her account, but my Paypal says they were never accepted and are still pending.

1 Like

I ship international all the time. Just shipped to India yesterday. I ship priority, But…use your own boxes!! Saves a ton of money. Cost was $60 and change. I had only one problem, but that was because customer never picked up her package from her p.o. If you are going through paypal, they provide customs forms when you print label. You just need the envelopes to put on package,if you ask, theyll give you a stack so you dont have to keep running

to p.o. for them. Attach the forms in envelope,and your good to go. Paypal will see with tracking package arrived. I usually charge max if $80. Its never been higher than that,using my own box.

1 Like

Thank you Anne! By the way, did you ship that arm???

1 Like

Yes,pm’d you.

2 Likes

I also state that I only ship within the US, but I had one customer in Australia who went ahead and paid. I kind of wanted to see how big a hassle it is to ship outside US. I took the box to the post office, with her address, to get the exact shipping cost. Then I emailed her the difference. She paid it immediately so I went ahead and sent it. This was a 10 inch baby and it cost $66 to ship it. As for charging $200 for shipping, there are some people who would just pay it and you’d still have to deal with it. What I do now is list it as US shipping only and decide on an individual basis whether I want to ship out of the country.if not, I just send an email saying sorry, I only ship within the US.

1 Like

You can go to the USPS website and get an estimated cost of shipping. Just fill in the from and to locations, the size and weight of the box. It will calculate the cost for you. I was nervous at first when I started shipping internationally, but after a few times it wasn’t as scary. I have shipped to many other countries and have had no problems. If you are purchasing your labels online it will pull up the custom paper work for you. You just fill them out, print and sign. You will get 4 copies in which 1 is for your records and the other 3 you put into the plastic sleeve that gets attached to top of the box that you are shipping. This replaces your domestic shipping label. You can get these sleeves at the post office. You can also get the custom paper work at the post office that you can fill out manually if you do not want to do it online. Another thing I do is put samples of everything that is inside the doll in little jewelry bags and write the contents on them. I then attach the bags to a piece of paper with “Attention Customs: Sample of contents inside the doll”. This helps customs see what is inside the doll without them taking the doll apart which some countries do and helps it clear customs. I know this is an extra step, but I have never had a doll get stuck in customs.

3 Likes

I do international shipping on eBay through eBays Global Shipping Program. Its so easy and all I do is send it to them in Kentucky and they do the rest including figuring out the postage and any other charges that go along with the transaction. I love it and have never had a problem with it.

2 Likes

Do they figure it out and then bill you?

When an international sale is made they automatically send the buyer the invoice…so I don’t have to… for the amount owed to me plus what I charge for shipping. They then email me the Global Shipping address in Erlander Kentucky and an ID # assigned to the buyer. I take the copy the address with the ID and do a label and send it off to them. Global Shipping takes care of everything else!! No hassle for me!! When you’re doing your eBay listing always make sure that the Global Shipping box is checked and it will automatically take care of it if the buyer ends up being outside of the US! It’s so easy!! Hope this helps. If you have anymore questions let me know. Oh and there is no charge to use the service and the money goes into my PayPal acc’t as soon as the buyer pays! Okay gotta get back to my rooting!!

2 Likes

Thank you Jackie! I always wondered how that worked!!!

1 Like

thank you Jackie. That is so interesting, but I rarely sell on ebay. The only reason I am even considering international selling is that this is the second time this same doll has sold outside the US and it’s just to Mexico. I wrote the lady who bought him but haven’t heard back yet. If I ever use ebay again, I will consider using that way of doing things. It sounds great!

3 Likes

Also, thanks to everyone else who helped me defeat my “panic attack” and get on with this deal. I hate the business part of making reborns but if I didn’t sell them, I couldn’t continue to make them. The hobby is two expensive. It has to pay it’s own way.

1 Like

I agree. I wish someone on our forum would start a reborn marketing Biz.

2 Likes

Hi Nikki…
Somewhere you asked me what doll I was working on. I couldn’t find the post to answer. Anyway, it’s Cassia. She’s really pale vinyl and today I just quit fighting to get her darker and decided she is just going to be fair skinned like me!

My border collie is cracking me up. He’s throwing a tennis ball for himself and then chasing it. He’s really bored.

4 Likes