Answer this quick! (Please, please, please)

Awwwwww!!! Good Helen, I really love pale babies!!! I can’t wAit to see her!!! :heart:️:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️

Eek! I just made my first international ship a few weeks ago. My postal lady was very helpful with helping me through the paper work. BUT… she was telling me of a few places that i should try to avoid shipping and Mexico was one of them. Lots of packages go missing in Mexico. Just thought i would give a heads up about shipping to Mexico. You might be out of a reborn and have to refund customer too :frowning:

3 Likes

I was going to say something about how we’ve been talking in school about Mexico being really unsafe right now, but didn’t want to sound dumb for mentioning it. :no_mouth:

3 Likes

Mexico has had safety issues for along time. I remember living in El Paso, Tx on the army base with my first husband. Mexico was on and off limits for the army all the time. This was 22yrs ago. They had military kidnappings all the time and we were never allowed to cross over the border with our child. American children were targets for kidnappers and were never seen again. Very unsafe place. Not all of Mexico is bad but i just wouldnt risk it.

2 Likes

honojane.
Often if the money is sent back to the wrong email address it will just say pending.You might make sure its right.if you havent.
Of course usually people contact you and say i didnt get my money did you send it?
.It is sort of weird you wouldnt hear from them

1 Like

Welcome to my world. :zipper_mouth_face:

She told me it was credited back to her account and I should not worry, but it continues to say pending.

Now I am totally freaked out about Mexico. I told her I would ship it for $25. more. She hasn’t responded. I can’t afford to lose this much money but I already said I would ship to her. Should I write and say that I have reconsidered and just refund her money? I feel like that would be going back on my word. Darn it, why didn’t I just say no in the first place.

2 Likes

Helen, if you are having a bad feeling about this do not send him. It’s not your fault that she didn’t read your listing.

2 Likes

Helen,

Here’s what PayPal says:

“You can cancel only payments that have a status of “Unclaimed.” If the payment is completed, you will not be able to cancel the payment yourself, as the recipient will already have received the money. To reverse a completed payment, please contact the recipient and request a refund.”

The steps are in the article below:

https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/article/FAQ637

It sounds like you need to cancel the “Payment” and issue a true refund of the original payment. Then, you’ll know that part is right.

I wouldn’t ship the doll anywhere until you get the Payment/Refund figured out. Please call PayPal so they can help you.

1 Like

@amy
Thanks for the info. I’m not trying to cancel that, it is just continuing to say unclaimed even though she says it was credited to her account. I refunded her money immediately when I found out she was not in the USA. What is bothering me is that although she says she got it, Paypal still says it is pending. What happens if the 30 days passes and they cancel it automatically but it is still showing in my account. I guess I’m going to have to call them. I am probably making a refund to the lady in Mexico too and I don’t want this to happen twice. I swear, I just want to quit. I obsess over things like this and drive my husband nuts.

1 Like

Helen, process the refund as a true refund to protect yourself!

Go to your PayPal account and click on the payment. You’ll then see “Refund this payment”. Click on that.

1 Like

Thanks Amy. I just don’t know what I’m doing. I guess I’ll go stare at my Paypal and try and figure out what you mean, LOL.

1 Like

Awwww Helen! I wish I was there to help!!!

2 Likes

That is very strange

If she says she got it it must be a paypal glitch to continue to say pending…At least if you spoke to them youd find out whos issue it is hers or paypals…unless she did a few dolls and all sent bavk the money and she isnt sure what has shown up. but thatcstill doesnt answer why it says pending unless she cancelled her account.
onlyv scam i can see would be somehow what SHE sent wasnt legit and they kicked her off and wouldnt let her pick it up.

1 Like

Thanks for all your helpful comments, my friends! I don’t know what I did before I had you guys! Hugs!!!

2 Likes

I can answer this for you. I’m in Canada, and the prices on reborns.com are in US funds but the system knows I’m Canadian so it gives me Canadian prices for the items too, which is the US price plus the exchange rate (we’ve been hovering around 29 or 30% lately). So, when I see your shipping charge, let’s say it says
US Shipping 50$
It also says next to it (Canadian 65$).
At first when I’d look there I’d think that was the price to ship to Canada, but while looking around I noticed some sellers were listing their reborns for sale all over the world and they would have listed their prices perhaps like this:
US Shipping 50$ (Canada 65$)
International 100$ (Canada 130$)
Or, they list all countries they ship to with varying prices.
Most people don’t spend as much time as I do on reborns.com so these customers probably thought as I first did that the conversion to their dollars was the price for shipping to their country. I realized my mistake rather quickly but it would be an easy mistake to make and gives the impression you ship to their country. It’s really the US price being converted that looks like the shipping cost to their country.

I wish more US reborners on there shipped to Canada. Sometimes I see something I really like and then realize it can’t travel here. I understand the reasons for it, though.

3 Likes

I would love to ship to Canada, Australia, and United Kingdom, but it’s too hard and expensive so I don’t.