Amazing Thrift Store Find

Ladies, I am so thrilled with this thrift store find. It’s the Jenny Lind crib that I wanted but could not afford when my son was a baby. I found this one at a local thrift store for…are you ready for this…$24.98, complete with all hardware and in mint condition. And to add to an already sweet deal, my sister’s little boy has just graduated from a crib to a toddler bed so she gave me all of her nursery bedding AND the mattress. She also gave me the matching valances that I will put up just as soon as I get a chance. I made out like a bandit. :smiley: :smiley:

23 Likes

I love those colors! Beautiful

1 Like

can we say…AWESOME find??? Way to go!!!

1 Like

That’s the bed I had for my boys when they were babies. I still love the look of it. Great find!!

3 Likes

Same here ~ my boys had that crib when they were babies! Makes me happy just to see it again :heart:
What a great find! Lucky you! :blush:

1 Like

Wow!

1 Like

Wow , awesome find. Congratulations.

1 Like

Awesomeness!!!

1 Like

Awesome find! I had that one for my boys, too! LOVE it!

2 Likes

My girls had the same bed!

2 Likes

Lucky you. That is a great find. Looks nice in your nursery also.

1 Like

Wow…great find! How come my thrift stores only have junk?

3 Likes

Awesome find, good for you and lucky for your babies!!!

1 Like

Very nice find!!! I have always loved the Jenny Lind Crib. :heart:

2 Likes

love it

1 Like

I hadn’t heard that, Mai, but I just googled it. Wow! :worried:

I had a brand new white crib in the nursery but gave it to my daughter-in-law for my soon-to-be-born grandson. It has been a very looooong time since I had a real baby in the house - my son is 36 - and I did not know about the regulation. It’s good to know, but I’m not too concerned about my reborns getting injured in the drop side crib. :smiley:

3 Likes

I’m pretty old and all we had was drop side cribs. Back in the day I never ever heard of a child begin injured in a drop side crib. We also had strollers that would curl most peoples hair today! Our kids were fine. Lots of women smoked and drank when they were pregnant also. Never heard of a problem. I’m not saying they weren’t there but we never heard of them. There is soooo many things they freak out over today that wasn’t even heard of back in the day. You’ve probably heard songs about all of it. I would never want a child to be injured from anything so what ever is safe for them is good!!! Just saying, todays Mom’s would never have made it back then. I Love Your Crib!!!

2 Likes

Oh Lynn, you have me cracking up. I survived the drop side crib, the old style stroller, and being held by my Mom while riding in the car. And speaking of cars, many of them did not even have seat belts installed. When Mom put on the brakes she stuck her right arm out to catch us. We also rode lying down in that space between the back seat and the rear window so we could “see out”. And of course, we never had bike helmets or knee pads. We played outside for hours “somewhere down the street”, had asbestos tile on the kitchen floor and lead paint on the window sills, there was no such thing as “time out” or “play dates” or for that matter, air bags, and yes, our moms did smoke and drink while pregnant…and we survived. So did our kids. When my son was born we had a 1968 Camaro with no seatbelts installed in it. We had the LUV seat (if anyone doesn’t remember those, it was the first rear facing car seat) but no way to secure it in the car so my ex-husband tied it in with an old jump rope. I haven’t thought about that in years. Nope, today’s Moms would not have made it then. Too funny.

No, it was a brand new one and not a drop side.

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing, Lynn! :blush: