Your Achilles' Heel in the Reborn World

Other than not having enough funds, what is your weakness when it comes to reborning or collecting?
As an artist, I struggle with eyebrows. I’ve been painting since 2014 and I still haven’t gotten the hang of it. I don’t put eyebrows on my babies… :flushed:
As a collector… I seem to have an addiction to Burlington. I go there intending to buy one outfit, just one and come out with 5, plus two blankets, a toy, and a pair of mittens that I will never use. :weary:
I’m also running out of room…
What about you?

7 Likes

Definitely rooting. I’m just horrible at it and I hate how much time it takes. I’m happy to spend hours to get the perfect skin tone, no problem. But 10 minutes of rooting feels like an eternity.

I struggled with eyebrows too, but on my last one I read a lot of tutorials and they turned out okay. Just ignore the badly rooted lashes, haha.

10 Likes

Rooting eyelashes on open eyed babies!!! I just don’t give them lashes :sob:

2 Likes

Also pricing!! I don’t know where to even begin when it comes to pricing my dolls!

2 Likes

This is my Achilles’ heel. Literally. It’s my grandson’s heel. His name is Achilles. :rofl:

23 Likes

:smile:

1 Like

LOL :crazy_face: :rofl:

1 Like

My right Achilles heel is fingernails. I despise them!

My left Achilles heel is all the customers that are rude to me about not making customs or painting my hair onto their doll’s heads. I feel so guilty about saying no that it eats me up. But I know it’s not right for me. I just feel like they are going to all hate me! :cold_sweat:

4 Likes

You should not feel guilty. You have a right to say No. If they like your painted hair they can buy a completed doll from you. :wink:

1 Like

:joy:

Rooting is hard for me, and natural looking lips/nails are what I’m working on now. My husband isn’t happy when he keeps finding my stashes of clothes and kits. I must hide them better. :face_with_monocle:

5 Likes

Thank you. I needed to hear that. I feel that I should keep it exclusive to my dolls and creating hair with no expectations or requirements is my happy place.

4 Likes

Preach it!

2 Likes

Cutting hair!!! No matter how many diagrams I look at or how many tutorials I watch, I can’t seem to give a head a realistic haircut! I’ve ruined many decent rooting jobs by giving a bad haircut. Ugh.

3 Likes

Mine would be shading! I just can’t get the hang of it!
On the other hand I love assembling! Idk why but the weighting, stuffing and making the baby whole just makes me happy lol

2 Likes

Assembling the baby is absolutely my favorite part too! It’s so much fun to see them finished and then you get to play dress up.

3 Likes

Box packing for me! It’s my least favorite part. Nails too but I’m getting the hang of that now. Box packing just sucks.

3 Likes

I wanted to add that it’s not sadness that I have to pack up the babies. I bond with very few of them and don’t get sad when they sell. I just hate the process, it hurts my back and I always forget things until it’s all taped up and I can’t be bothered to undo it all to add a pair of socks :rofl:

3 Likes

I loathe rooting. Although I love the outcome in the end. I have had 3 completed reborns and all I have to do is root the heads and I can’t bring my self to do it!! Got to soon though to make some christmas money!

1 Like

I dont blame you for saying no to customs…I started doing customs and it screwed me up and my babies were coming out terrible. I have too much anxiety and it crushes my creativity. The only customers I do customs for now are the ones that let me have full control over everything and are happy with the end result regardless of what colour hair they may have wanted. I just cant work with a laundry list of demands.

As far as my achilles heel…I have too many LOL
I keep working hard to make the next one better. Im hoping someday to make better eyebrows, better nail tips, and certainly…better painted hair. I keep trying new ideas and practicing hard.

3 Likes