Wondering if someone wants to volunteer

Hey Ladies,

I keep saying ladies… If there are any men out there please forgive me… I have found a German site that has some really nice stuff to start me out with… Though I am still unsure of exactly everything I need…
I was wondering if one of you nice ladies might want to help me spend some money. The thought is… I create an account… Shop for what I want and think I need… Then let one of you into the account to add anything else to my shopping cart that I need or take out stuff I can do without…
I want to try and get everything I need to make at least one or maybe two complete babies. I understand they may not have every single item, and some items like the wedged sponges can be purchased at a cosmetic store…
I would need someone familiar with air dry paints as that is what I intend to start out with… Mainly because I don’t have a specified oven just yet…
If you are interested please let me know…
(no account or billing info will be entered just incase some of you are thinking I am crazy LOL)

Thanks
Angi

3 Likes

Sorry, cannot help with airdry. But why not post a link to the store and people will be able to suggest what you need. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Great idea Ludmila :blush:! If you post a link to the site I’d be willing to help Angi. I may not get to it right away. I’ve been very busy these last couple weeks! Today is our 4th day of Vacation Bible School :grinning: Woohoo :grinning:! One day to go and I can get back to painting :grinning: I can’t wait :slight_smile: I miss painting babies!!! :blush:

3 Likes

Good idea… This is the store… http://www.puppen-traumland.de/shop/en/ I already have a ton of stuff chosen… Let me try to give a list… Reborning set 2, (has a lot of tools and paints) Baby London, body, and breast plate, 18 mm vinyl eyes, Drying rack, extra glass pellets1kg, extra body filling cotton 300kg, Mattlack, pipette for measuring paint-water ratio, comb brush for painted doll hair, magnet set, and birth certificate… Paint retard and remover.
I hate that their tutorial books are in German but will probably grab one and pray it has good illustrations… If anyone can think of or see anything else that I need please let me know…

Angi

2 Likes

Oh I ordered the extra filling and beads because I don’t know how much it takes to fill a 20 inch doll… The reborn kit does include 1kg of pellets and 300kg of the cotton stuffing… If that is enough for one doll then I can talk off the second one of each…

Summer,

I just can’t wait to start painting… I am itching to jump right in… It took all my restraint not to buy a second doll kit… I do believe a few of you have done London… I just hope I can do her justice…

1 Like

I know the feeling! I’m eager to get back to painting myself! I’m hoping I won’t be too tired Friday night :blush: I’m sure you will do just fine painting London! I haven’t painted her yet but, she is in my stash :blush:. My best advice for your first would be to take it nice and slow and use thin layers. You can always add more paint but, taking it off is much harder and no fun :wink:. Also, be sure to put a base coat before starting your veins and other layers to protect the vinyl from staining. My must have tools are of course wedges, a few mop brushes (one big one for pouncing and dusting off vinyl after taking a break and one small one for hard to reach places- I have a 1" and 3/8"), q-tips with point on one end, toothpicks, a few good liner brushes (I also have a small spotter brush that I love to use on creases and other small detail areas), color wheel, paint palette, a good flat or filbert brush to drag paint across creases and fat rolls, Golden acrylic glazing liquid (great for nails- it helps thicken your paint), some type of slow dry medium (I use Liquitex Ultra Matte Gel; the Golden acrylic liquid also slows drying time but, it does lighten your paint color a bit as well as change it’s consistency) , you also need a sealant (I use DecoArt media soft-touch varnish with blue label- I love it and it gives your baby a very soft feel and it’s very matte), a medicine dropper is very nice to have as well that way you can add tiny drops of distilled water to your paint a little at a time until you get and milky consistency. I think if you have these tools along with your paint you should be able to paint a baby from start to finish :slight_smile: Also, I use puppy pads for my work area and always have paper towels on hand. I like the Viva pop- up box. You can find some really good variety paint brush sets at Michael’s- you may be able to order them online. Oh, you will also need a mild soap to wash your vinyl parts the day before you begin painting.
I’ve got to get ready for VBS but, I’ll check back this afternoon :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the info Summer… I have a few questions… I think I either read or saw that before using air dry paints that you needed to put a coat of “something” on it to help the paints adhere to the vinyl. I am pretty sure I read about it… Because I remember them describing the paint peeling off. Then I do a skin tone layer before adding veins…
Then I read the venting post yesterday about someone applying a sealer once the doll was finished and it was very shiny… This paint claims it doesn’t need any sealers… Is anyone familiar with LDC (Little Dreams Collection) paints?
Also can you give me an estimate on how much filling and weighting material I will need for a 20 inch doll? I don’t want to buy the extra now if it isn’t necessary… I plan on shopping again in a little over a week for another doll kit and body… All this today is coming from hubby… My next purchase will come from me…
I am not sure where I will find the name brand products you suggested… Unless I have them delivered from the US… Crafting is not something that I think many Dutch people do… The also don’t bake very much… I would kill for a Michael’s or even a Hobby Lobby… LOL Walmart would be heaven… Not so much for their crafting supplies… But for basic stuff they are great… Plus shopping for food, clothes, and just about everything else you could need… All in one store… To have the Walmart experience here I would have to visit prolly 20+ stores… In 3 different towns… And pay about 30 euro’s for parking LOL

(Oh I just read the body cotton stuffing comes in 300 gram site bags…

Angi

What country are you in?

The Netherlands…

1 Like

I’m in the U.S. but have looked at this store before. They have great prices and they have some items that I haven’t found in the us like the doll dreams cleaning lotion, and LDC vinyl granules. I plan to order those someday.

1 Like

Well I just placed my order… Almost 300 euro’s… If I were mean I would email that nasty couple from the other store the receipt… I did send a complaint on to the company they sell for… I just hate they are ruining someone else’s good name…
I changed my mind… Instead of getting London I purchased Alexia. She just called to me… I wish they had the heart beat mechanism… But I am just so excited to finally be getting started…
I loved the shipping and handling was only 12.90 and no custom fees :0) and delivery between 3-5 working days… So I should be getting it next week…
I just hope I got everything I needed… so excited

Angi

5 Likes

That’s exciting Angi, I hope you have a great time when you finally get started!! Congratulations on becoming a reborner, watch out for the addiction!!

There are plenty of free tutorials on utube :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah I have been watching a lot of them… I feel like an expectant mother who could go into labor at any time… Waiting for my box of supplies…
I went to town today… I had to get Father’s Day gifts… And pick up outfits for my daughters dance recital tomorrow…
I found a few extra things for reborning… A few good brushes and some different sponges… A few odds and ends…
Can’t wait :0)

You can’t watch out for the addiction, once you start it’s already there! Not only will you be buying reborn supplies, you’ll start buying clothes for you dolls–not just your daughters! I have to hide my stuff because my family would probably have me committed. But you know what? It makes me happy and that’s all that matters. Where in the Nederlands? It is such a beautiful country. I got to spend some time there while in the service but that was a very long time ago.

Marleeton,

I am in historic Delft… It is a beautiful city… Yes the addiction is already in full force… I am buying baby items already… Right now I have confiscated one of my daughter’s dolls… I have bought her several outfits… She loves to see mommy playing with a doll… Let people think I am crazy… I plan on taking my babies out about town… Mostly to spike interest and use it as a sales gimmick… Many places this wouldn’t work… But we have high tourist season’s… And we have market day twice a week where it is like one huge flea market in town square… But with much higher quality of goods… I am getting so anxious, nervous… And excited… Can’t wait…

Angi

Wait till you start buying baby furniture, car seats, strollers, buggies, bouncers, cribs, cradles, highchairs etc.-------yikes, it can get really bad!!! lolololo

LMAO that will take a bit more time for hubby to adjust to… So far he has been awesome… Very supportive… I want to keep it that way… So those items will come in gradually… We were trying to adopt and we’re taking fertility treatments, but this month was our last go… And the adoption fell through with a very bad outcome… So we do have some baby furniture… But not all I want LOL

I’m so sorry to hear that, but everything always works out the way it’s suppose too, so there IS a reason for what you are going through at this time. It’s nice that you have some furniture that you can put to good use until your status changes. Good Luck coming your way!!